MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS TO PYLON TECH 2.4 KW BATTERIES

Water turbines and anything associated
COLSCOTT

MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS TO PYLON TECH 2.4 KW BATTERIES

Post by COLSCOTT »

Any advice on connecting two sources of power to 2 no 2.4 kw(4.8kw ) batteries .
I allready have solar connected to the batteries .
I now wish to add additional power from a hydro scheme probable 200 wats I think there may be additional sockets but not sure
Any advice please

PS pylontech Batteries
nowty

Re: MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS TO PYLON TECH 2.4 KW BATTERIES

Post by nowty »

Welcome COLSCOTT, a bit more info please as you've given us very little to go on and quoted the AC bit on another thread.

How are you charging the batteries with the solar panels ?, A bit more info please, Grid tie inverter, Hybrid inverter ?, DC charge controller ?

You say in another thread your output from the hydro is AC. A bit more info is required here, single or 3 phase, voltage range, frequency range ?, do you have a charge controller in mind ?

Are you offgrid ? or are the Pylontech grid tied, what is the battery inverter ?
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

How does the solar charge your batteries, Charge controller?, hybrid inverter?, battery charger, and how do you use the batteries, Off grid inverter, hybrid invrter? The more detail you can provide the better the answers will be.

OK Nowty beat ne to it.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Couple of additional questions:-

How long is your transmission line from genny to battery and from genny to accessible a.c. 230v connection?

Unlike solar pv, hydro and wind generators generally ought not be allowed to run open cct when the battery is full, so do you have a system in place to handle the 200w when it's not needed?
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
1.3kw Wt2 - not yet producing
6kWh lead acid - maybe 1kwh useable
LiMnCo battery made from 2nd hand hybrid car modules 3.6kwh nominal 24v.
300lt hot water tank and two storage heaters
ASHP Grant Aerona 3 10.5kw and UFH
COLSCOTT

Post by COLSCOTT »

Hi Guys
Thanks for the interest .I really cant tell you that much as to the acctual ellectrics being a layman in these matters.
However the Solar is a AC COUPALING SYSTEM provided by ZEST consisting of 16 ground mounted panels individualy wired to an inverter thence to the house consumer unit. This generates 3500 units pr annum for which I recieve FIT payment now up to £2000 pr year .
ZEST then installed 2 no 2.4 kw PYLONTECH batteries which collect any spare electric and they say I can run the new Hydro Power dirrect from the C T Clamps .
The new hydro power will be produced by a homeade 2m dia wooden waterwheel ,it takes 14 litres per second from a FLUME trough this turns the axel which is mounted with S M R gearbox (Sleeve mounted gear reducer in reverse 20-1) The wheel turns at 30 rpm hence 600 rpm to a FUTURENERGY low rpm generator and into there control box inverter and will then be taken to the house C T CLAMPS .
The water wheel is up and running producing over 275 watts ,allso the S M R at 600 RPM
The generator is still to be attached and may need additional gearing to 800 RPM which should produce 200 watts pr hour but we shall see.
It was really the attachement of the power cables to the consumer unit that worried me but ZEST have assured me the system is desighned to recieve any new source of power .
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Wouldn't mind a picture or 3, sounds great!
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Without any information / picture of the generator information plate no advice can be given.

The water wheel is up and running producing over 275 watts

If its producing 275 watts. Is this from a

Single phase generator. ?
Three phase generator. ?
A direct current generator. ?

Then you say.

The generator is still to be attached.
What is producing the 275 watts. ?

Without information no advice can be given.

It was really the attachement of the power cables to the consumer unit that worried me but ZEST have assured me the system is desighned to recieve any new source of power .
nowty

Post by nowty »

COLSCOTT, is this your control unit for the hydro ?
https://futurenergy.co.uk/feshop/airforce-control/

And if its not, then what is it ?, make, model number, web link for it, etc.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
COLSCOTT

Post by COLSCOTT »

The 275 watts has been calculated on 2m dia wheel x 14 ltrs per second x 9.8 gravity = 274.4 Watts/kg
An indication is that the axel of the wheel redely lifted a 45 gallon /204 litres drum from the Burn to the axel .
The FUTURENERY generator is initialy 3 phase tis goes through a control panel and is reverted to single phace /AC
Google FUTURENERGY GENERATOR 48 VOLT AND CONTROLER etc
nowty

Post by nowty »

So you have a controlled 48V (or so) DC output from the hydro via the controller, therefore you need to DC couple it to the Pylontechs.

Buy a second set of pylontech power leads and connect them to the Pylontechs as you will have two empty amphenol sockets on there. Use a suitable isolator and fuse. Ensure the controller is set to the same or slightly lower voltage than your Solar hybrid inverter. Or as the power is so low you could tee it in to the existing DC side so not needing the extra cables subject to not exceeding 100A in total on the cable, but you still need the isolator and suitable fuses. Many of us on here including myself do this with charge controllers for extra solar to our battery stacks.

The issue about open circuit running Marcus brought up, no idea, I'm afraid. The controller says "Negates the need for dump loads", but not sure how it does that.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3