COP out 26

spread-tee

COP out 26

Post by spread-tee »

Some grand sounding pledges coming out of the meeting ( mind you historically pledges don't always turn into action) and Boris blustering on about footy matches whilst cutting air passenger duty :roll: I will watch with interest.

George as usual cuts through the waffle

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ssil-fuels

and this doesn't bode well

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... s-congress

All in all I would wager, that almost f**k all of any use will come out of this :evil:

Desp
Blah blah blah
Bugtownboy

Re: COP out 26

Post by Bugtownboy »

Get the same impression too, spread. How come the focus all the way up to the meeting was CO2 production and now it’s a load of backslapping for cutting CH4 leakage - which I accept is important.

I suppose, as long as sea levels don’t rise above 50 metres, we’ll have a very desirable house next to the beach with a climate like southern France in the next 20 years :twisted:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I've paid no attention to it. I heard Big Ears, Bojo and the dwarf on the radio, best of luck to all concerned. Regardless, better to make your own changes and accept that the majority don't give a s**t unless they are paid to or its handed to them. Sorry, almost went political there.
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

A real leaders speech at last, I hope the other "leaders" are listening and will act. Also we need to hassle our leaders into taking Mia's message on board NOW.

Dealing with climate change is entirely political now, the science and tech is all in place to do something real, we just need to get cracking and start work. Write to your MP today and quote this speech. If WE don't demand something is done, lets be honest here, our kids and grandkids are f**ked.

Desp
Blah blah blah
Mart

Post by Mart »

And another great ad from Juice Media, with a guest appearance at the very end.

3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Mart wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:04 pm And another great ad from Juice Media, with a guest appearance at the very end.

Brilliant, though spent 1/2 my nightshift watching them!
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Surprise, surprise the FF industry has more delegates attending than many countries!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
Mart

Post by Mart »

Fintray wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:43 am
Mart wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:04 pm And another great ad from Juice Media, with a guest appearance at the very end.

Brilliant, though spent 1/2 my nightshift watching them!
Good thing I didn't mention OwlKitty then, or you'd have spent the other half on that.
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Well that video certainly cheered SWMBO up after she has been feeling a bit crappy today after her Pfizer Covid booster last night.

I said I've got another short climate change video for you to watch, she said, I'm not watching another one of those B' videos. No, you'll like this one, I guarantee it........................... :mrgreen:
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Cop-out 26 is right...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59220687 (COP26: World on track for 2.4C warming despite climate summit - report)
With one sharp jab, this Climate Action Tracker report has punctured the balloon of optimism that's been swelling since the start of this conference.

For days now, a number of observers, including the formerly conservative International Energy Agency, have been pushing a narrative that the new net zero goals from countries like India plus the long list of announcements made here in Glasgow had pushed the prospective temperature rise this century down to 1.8C.

That seemed like huge progress from the 2.7C that the UN Environment Programme had announced at the start of the conference.

So how has the confusion come about?

The problem comes from the inclusion of long-term pledges to reach net zero emissions by 2050.

More than 140 countries, covering 90% of global emissions have announced a mid-century-ish carbon neutrality target - China's is 2060, India's 2070.

According to the CAT, these goals are giving "false hope".

Based on what countries have put on the table for 2030, the world is set to warm by 2.4C by 2100. That picture gets a bit better if you include the US's and China's long-term targets, which reduces the temperature to 2.1C.
If you look at what we in the UK are doing you could be forgiven for thinking there's no problem.
Apart from the coincidental motor fuel and gas and electricity price rises I haven't noticed any pressure to reduce my energy consumption whatsoever...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!