Are FIT export and SEG exclusive?

wookey

Are FIT export and SEG exclusive?

Post by wookey »

It is possible/permitted to have both an existing FIT export payment (metered or deemed) and a SEG export tarif?
I know someone who has both, but the Octopus info on SEG implies that you have to leave your FIT agreement to get it.
Has anyone here worked out exactly what the deal is.

I've not investigated all that hard yet, but thought that someone here might actually know chapter and verse.
DIY deep 1960's house retrofit: http://wookware.org/house/retrofit
Solar thermal, 3kW PV, MVHR, IWI, EWI, 3G windows, woodburner, perimeter insulation,
Extension, garage conversion, UFH, garden veg
nowty

Re: Are FIT export and SEG exclusive?

Post by nowty »

No, at least not on the same MPAN number.

You can have FIT generation and SEG by opting out of FIT export (measured or deemed).

It has been known for people to get both through an admin error, until it gets spotted.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
robl

Re: Are FIT export and SEG exclusive?

Post by robl »

I am in the process of swapping from FIT export to Octopus SEG, and I agree, the Octopus page was misleading. Process:

Fill in the Octopus page, which required an upload of something from the DNO to say they knew about your solar. Nb: our DNO officially said they didn't know, despite it being there for 10 years & had paperwork saying they were informed. They all seem vaguely happy now though.

Tell your fit provider to stop the FIT export & keep going with FIT generation, and email a confirmation that they have done this. Email this to Octopus.

Wait.

Or maybe get in touch again; it's not working yet for me, 1 month on, with conflicting "wait" and "get in touch" messages from Octopus.

Luck!
4kWp solar, EV

Diy: MVHR, 150mm EWI, 15kWh batt, 2.4kW GSHP & no gas