Those community funding pots, renewables / landfill et al.

Mr Gus

Those community funding pots, renewables / landfill et al.

Post by Mr Gus »

Here in the countryside Wind turbines (which used to go up regularly) were easy to spot, not so much solar, which hedgerows & access, views from road & relative civilisation all limit..

I was having a look at a suspiciously out of date renewables project mapping site to update a.few local schemes, clubs et al as to what may be available.

Lets face it, if a farm build of 102480 panels (give or take) Capacity : 18.6 MW
Acreage:150 or approx Hectares : production capable solar farm just down the road from me can escape my radar then what else can / has also?

By pre-empting as to whether a place may be suitable for an application for renewables/ energy upgrades I got myself into trouble with "it's my club" comittee management ..you were also likely told got a costly / cost saving idea, ..do your homework first.

(in this instance, energy prices have likely swallowed funds raised for elsewhere, ditto this year too...+ ongoing accorsing to nowty's "cornwall" link ..thanks nowty👍 ?

I'm tempted to say *cough* em, but really they need help, so im stuck with tapping out a civil reply to blinkers small pond big fish. ..I pay annual membership, so it is a concern as to ongoing viability.

Whilst looking& downloading individual maps to gauge whether my village falls within the local funds pot applications process I wondered why that wasn't a standard map overlay for this type of thing? ..sat on phone for 12 minutes hold muzak & no answer on one (council) so have had to dial / email other sites firms to check, ..all that before you deal with an actual creatively written & professionally applied begging letter to kick off with.

I did note that there are some sketchy looking help a charity gain funding for a fee operations out there, ..not keen.

Is there a central govt, accessible database of all renewable funding pots out there? ..my map goes as far as a 2018 application, ..we are years down the road, & when collating this information for numpties I'd be reminding myself what's out there near me.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more