FIT payments with SSE/OVO

Comper

FIT payments with SSE/OVO

Post by Comper »

Are all suppliers that pay FIT generation going to use this time-line below to make future payments??

It’s time to give us your quarterly reading from your generation meter (and export meter, if you have one). Please send your reading before 30th September 2023
Send my reading
What happens next
At the end of the one-month read window, we’ll pass our information to Ofgem. We’ll email you as soon as the reading’s been added to your account. The Ofgem process can take a little while, so you’ll be paid about 8 weeks after the end of the reading month.
AGT

Re: FIT payments with SSE/OVO

Post by AGT »

I just had my OVO email today, still not had any money from them!!
John_S

Post by John_S »

E.on require the meter reading by 25 September. They state that it is usually paid within 21 days of the meter reading being received. Generally, it is much quicker, sometimes within a week.

Never heard of Ofgem getting involved.

John
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

When my FIT's payments were with SSE they were pretty quick in paying once your reading was in but since it went to OVO it takes forever. Got my statement in on 16/08/23 and got it paid into my bank account today.

Anyone know what Octopus are like for FIT's payments?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Comper

Post by Comper »

Thanks for comments.
Screenshot now attached.
Comper.
Attachments
OVO screenshot sept 23.png
OVO screenshot sept 23.png (64.74 KiB) Viewed 9654 times
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

I'm with Eon (formerly Npower) and they normally pay within a few days of making a return - last time 5 days my submission being on a Friday.
cojmh

Post by cojmh »

I do mine through Good Energy and they have given a deadline of the 15th of September and an estimated payment date of December.

Generally speaking I am informed of the exact payment date about a week before they actually pay and it is generally in the first week of the month they say they are going to make payment.

I gather in general they are quite slow as far as fit payments go - but they do reliably pay
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

I'm with EDF and they reserve the right to pay up to 90 days after the end of the reading month. I read on the first of the month and the first payment took 3 weeks (2011) since then I get the invoice, legally required by OFGEM now, within 2 days and the bank payment at worst 3 days later.
That's why I've stayed with EDF for FIT but moved to Octopus for supply. EDF used to turn up once every other year to do 'real' meter reading but now want a photo showing the meter serial number and the reading digits, less cost for them. It seems if your output is lower than expected they will tell you so that you can investigate for possible issues with the solar system. No doubt if it is too high you will get a real person visiting to have a look.
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

I'm with BG and they normally pay within a week of the reading. The reading date seems flexible just has to be more than 83 days since the last one.

They also now do a photo request of the meter every now and then. (Strangely they e mail saying they couldn't gain access and give a date but no one ever tried!!)
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

I can read any time in the reading month BUT if I miss the month the reading/payment is dropped back to 2 quarters worth of output the next quarter.
It makes sense not to miss a reading.