British Gas FiT problems

dan_b

British Gas FiT problems

Post by dan_b »

I have my FiT with British Gas, and recently fell foul of their poorly executed attempt to change their back-end and allow for payment via BACS rather than Cheque.

After various failed attempts to submit my readings on their portal (due to the install number having changed), and complaints via email and then Twitter, they eventually coughed up a phone number for me to contact!

So I phoned their FiT team, who were actually completely helpful on the call - took my details and my new reading, confirmed it all with an email and sure enough, I received a payment about a week later directly into my bank.

About a week after that, I got a response from their customer services acknowledging how bad their service had been and giving lots of apologies etc.

I hope nobody else has to fall foul of this, but it seems they are trying to sort it out. Hopefully my next FiT payment will go a little more smoothly.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Tinbum

Re: British Gas FiT problems

Post by Tinbum »

They told me months ago they were sending out letters to everyone with new installation numbers. They create their own problems. What's common sense. :roll:
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW