Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Joeboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Joeboy »

Also spotted a weedshop. Will have a swatch on tomorrows walk. Apparently the creams are good for the joints (no pun intended)

18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 15MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Meant to say, when we were on the run down to Edinburgh Tesla Dundee was full of Tesla's doing the one space away from next car thing so couldn't access our charging point due to wrongsided and short cables. An ah well moment.

Went on and stopped at Kinross services. Excellent shop facilities and a row of 8 or 10 50kW chargers. Long cables and centrally mounted so all EV's should be able to access, gridserve. Worth bearing in mind if passing though the area.

I'll keep this in mind for next EV purchase, much easier with a front centrally mounted charge point on the car. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of Nissan Sunderland in next couple of years.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Odd one today. Had a WiFi comms issue a coupleafew months ago with the Goodwe 3600sbp hybrid inverter. Did all the tests and reboots as per Goodwe instructions. No joy. A week or so later WiFi comms kicked back in and all was well.

I always suspected that it could have been goodwe servers in Germany as the comms bounce back to there.

Anyway, all good for last 6 weeks maybe more and out of the blue this morning I got a mail from goodwe asking for my postal address so they could send me a new WiFi dongle, completely unsolicited & foc.

The hybrid inverter is well outside warranty, I am impressed. I also wonder if they have been carrying out night tests on the quiet and seen something amiss. Anyhoo, impressed! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Andy

Post by Andy »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 am. Long
I'll keep this in mind for next EV purchase, much easier with a front centrally mounted charge point on the car. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of Nissan Sunderland in next couple of years.
This is the opposite decision I have come to. One deer and a large pigeon have done a lot of damage to the charging door. I had another near miss with another deer that skimmed off the front lights. So I want a side mounted charging port to avoid having expensive repairs because of electrics in the vicinity.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Andy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:41 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 am. Long
This is the opposite decision I have come to. One deer and a large pigeon have done a lot of damage to the charging door. I had another near miss with another deer that skimmed off the front lights. So I want a side mounted charging port to avoid having expensive repairs because of electrics in the vicinity.
Our old Nissan leaf was a front loader, seemed substantial in build quality compared to the I5 which is a thin wee thing. Not had to do the deer test I'm glad to say!

Early start today, seen hundreds of E scooters here. Every rider had a helmet on and they were very courteous. This morning we were fortunate to see them all lit up, headlight, brake light and board leds in blue as well, pretty cool.

Only caught a look at one solar shop on an open top bus tour. I had a quick read before travelling and apparently there was a controversial sunlight tax on solar installs here. :shock: It's gone now but that would have held back development?

Looking forward to riding the tram into town when we get back to Edinburgh. :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Out at 04.30 to charge EV. Went for a wander during and did my first skip dive. How could I not it was just sitting there! :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well.that worked out well, managed to save some power while away and then bring house back up to reasonable temp (17 degs) for our return. Test being SWMBO was happy. Yesterday's ongoing heating and EV charging plus multiple washing machine runs will hopefully adjust my non existing baseline in the right direction within the window of opportunity. :D

Holiday Maintenance level.

Reheating remotely.

All out baseline blast!

It was excellent to see WBS back up and running. Whole house is back up to 19.2 degs which is pretty good considering it got down to 9 degs.for a day or two. Not a single drop of moisture on a window. Will definitely use the dehumidifier & drain hose in the shower stall trick again. 👌

Zero gas. :O:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Andy

Post by Andy »

Man if it was dry when you started heating then any cats would hate you stroking them right now :cat-shock:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Made up for it with 3 full clothes dryers on the go today. Dehumidifier still running. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Last edited by Joeboy on Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs