Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Joeboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:55 pm
Moxi wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:54 pm :shock: just stuck my nut outside to check things and popped across to check the new panel, crossing back over the lane I was pushed sideways by a very strong gust, checked the weather and it says 25 gusting 45, checked the weather radar and wind readings and saw it’s more like 55 gusting 75 mph so I got my wish and winter has officially arrived in August :surrender:

Moxi
Panels still there I take it?
Great to see all the turbines up and running and getting a proper shakeout, hopefully a taster of what's approaching.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Re: Small things matter

Post by Moxi »

Yeah it’s still there and the winds dropped back to gusting 45 now so we are over the worst, kids play house is wedged between a raised flower bed and the back shed so will prise that free tomorrow, my surviving 275wp panel from the old “too” mobile array fell from its twenty degree pose to flat on the floor face up, no worse for wear.

Started the day at 66 percent on the batteries and finished with 88 percent which was unexpected, more so now the new electric induction range is fitted and being used. So despite a stormy grey cold day the panels are doing their stuff most of the time and in a normal summer we would be coasting.

Really nice to see the power off Kirkhill already better than June and July I think and only part way through the month.

Just took the bio heaters out for their bedtime toilet and off up the wooden hill.

Night all

Moxi