Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Joeboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:33 am
No WBS today though as the living room is sat stubbornly at 21.2 degrees C and the boss has vetoed further lighting until the stone walls have given back a little more of their stored heat.

Moxi
Liked the whole post but this in particular, vertical thermal mass doing its thing.

Most of the rain is teemed for the moment so we have a lighter grey full sky with a fluctuating 1 to 1.5kW incoming. We can happily live on that.

WBS is on as I'm going to be quite particular about keeping SWMBO onside this year. Great as a team player when she's running it but hellish when it's outside her version of acceptable.

Oh aye, 30 year anniversary today. She deserves a 🏅. :lol:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

A very happy anniversary to you both :)

Just put the spot temp on the living room walls and the coldest solid stone section is 21 degrees, 23 degrees over the inglenook, One of my long term schemes is to make a fire place fender that doubles up as a toddler fire guard to go around the outside of the hearth, I have all the steel work and the foam for the seat, just need the topping material and a couple of scaffold planks for the base and the seat.

oh and I need to get my DC arc welding kit out and practice!

weather has now improved significantly and we are pulling just over 2kWp so hopefully the house batteries will get sufficient charge to take us through the night.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:30 pm A very happy anniversary to you both :)

Just put the spot temp on the living room walls and the coldest solid stone section is 21 degrees, 23 degrees over the inglenook, One of my long term schemes is to make a fire place fender that doubles up as a toddler fire guard to go around the outside of the hearth, I have all the steel work and the foam for the seat, just need the topping material and a couple of scaffold planks for the base and the seat.

oh and I need to get my DC arc welding kit out and practice!

weather has now improved significantly and we are pulling just over 2kWp so hopefully the house batteries will get sufficient charge to take us through the night.

Moxi
Thanks Moxi, it was a nice day together. 😊

Stacked the garage woodpile this morning. SWMBO reckons it will last into Dec. :o Surprised at that but she knows her stuff. My three RE food groups represented in the photo.

WBS is on, 4th selfignition day in a row. Chicken & sweetcorn noodle soup thrown together and cooking on it for tomorrow's lunch and batch freezing.

Purreeing some of last years frozen apples for a sponge dessert and boiling kettle while drying clothes on the dryer.

WBS rocks!

Suns just come out, hitting 5kW+!

Come ahead Winter! :twisted:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

600W here at Nowty Towers, todays a shocker. :?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:35 pm 600W here at Nowty Towers, todays a shocker. :?
We've got grey skies with fast moving clouds. When a clear patch comes it's incredible. 2.5kW at the moment with full cloud.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

clouds peeling back here and lots of bright hazy light with 1.8kWp incoming at the minute from the sunny boy monitor, wind has dropped from 50+mph at 7am to a nice zephyr like 26mph ....nice!

in fact a quick check shows the home stack taking 2.074kWp, the stack was at 20% after several bad days so hopefully it will get a good charge this afternoon

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Fintray wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:30 pm Was at my neighbours yesterday helping to remove an old WBS then fit a couple of new flue liners, he got one of the new stoves up and running today.

Thanks for the likes for my neighbours WBS and don't think it is room sealed.
Congrats on the anniversary Joe.
Less than an hour after posting the picture on Sunday, I was lying on the conservatory floor getting defibbed before a fast trip to the local hospital. :shock:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:35 pm
Fintray wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:30 pm Was at my neighbours yesterday helping to remove an old WBS then fit a couple of new flue liners, he got one of the new stoves up and running today.

Less than an hour after posting the picture on Sunday, I was lying on the conservatory floor getting defibbed before a fast trip to the local hospital. :shock:
Are ye OK, are ye out?

Gies a shout if ye need a hand with anything.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:02 pm
Fintray wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:35 pm

Are ye OK, are ye out?
My heart has moderate damage and I've 3 stents fitted, consultant said I didn't have any of the usual risk factors and my cholesterol was on the low side!
Got out this afternoon so have to take it easy for a while and see what happens. :roll:
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Thanks for the offer of help Joe, much appreciated.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf