Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Bugtownboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Bugtownboy »

:roll:

Love it - the kids make fun of me because I’ve got Crocs sun tanned feet, ie, where the holes are. Trouble is, wear them long enough, I’m sure you’re feet spread to resemble Hobbits feet.

Well done with the WBS cooking. Very satisfying to cook for free :D
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:39 pm :roll:

Love it - the kids make fun of me because I’ve got Crocs sun tanned feet, ie, where the holes are. Trouble is, wear them long enough, I’m sure you’re feet spread to resemble Hobbits feet.

Feet spread is a good thing! I swapped hiking boots for (very expensive) Altras a few years back, they have a zero drop (no heel stack) and a big toe box. Took a bit of getting used to, but found my toes spread out giving better posture, more control of balance, and more surefootedness.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Don’t get me wrong, Stinsy. I feel really comfortable in generous width shoes/crocs. Trouble is, when we have a night out, I end up feeling like I’m squeezing my feet into, what are, sensible ‘proper’ grown up shoes.

Need a pair of them gold Crocs matey wore to the Emmy’s or Oscars or some’at :twisted:
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Yeah, I spent a lot of years confined to Church’s Brogues, these days a nice loafer is the best you can expect from me if I go anywhere smart enough to demand proper shoes.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:39 pm :roll:

Croc’s, jesus sandals, go forwards, thongies. I wear em all, proudly tanned spread feet walking beaches when I can, searching for cold beer and small fishes at my toes. :)

Even heated crisp rolls today on WBS, continuing to learn and find ways to include the WBS in the offsetting of gas use, Dishwashing by hand today with no draw on the currently electric fired HWT. Humble indeed yet the count accrues. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Joe, going a bit left of field, but what about a custom ‘plancha’ for the stove. I’m thinking of a wrap around the flue SS plate.

Great for cooking meat/fish/veg.

Trouble is, might be a bit gruesome in terms of splatter, though this could be manageable.

Just think, cooking your rib-eye a la plancha ;) You have your SS fabricator to hand - complete your RE cooking ensemble.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:34 pm Joe, going a bit left of field, but what about a custom ‘plancha’ for the stove. I’m thinking of a wrap around the flue SS plate.

Great for cooking meat/fish/veg.

Trouble is, might be a bit gruesome in terms of splatter, though this could be manageable.

Just think, cooking your rib-eye a la plancha ;) You have your SS fabricator to hand - complete your RE cooking ensemble.
You remind me of SO many people's who's company I have enjoyed. See u at the Ripple picnic I hope! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Thanks Joe ;)

I’ll check our whereabouts for picnic time.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Tonight's adventure in WS cooking is yellow label ham hocks from Morrisons foil wrapped and then foil covered on a baking tray. Also four bean, Chorizio, garlic, red onions, paprika and scotch bonnets casserole. All done today. Well chuffed, odours are incredible. A Croatian Special forces gadgie taught me the casserole down in Nigeria Happy days! :)

Last edited by Joeboy on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Think you’re going to have to post that casserole recipe, Joe ;)