Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Stinsy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Stinsy »

ecogeorge wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:27 pm
openspaceman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:09 pm
Stinsy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:22 pm

Have a look at Shelly devices.
Thanks, I have now looked at their website and can see switches that can be switched by an app and thence wifi but I want to switch a contactor with 2kW load remotely once a set of contacts closes some few metres away.

It probably makes more sense to just run a bell wire and find a contactor that has a 12V relay.
Can you not switch the contactor with the Shelly device ?? or am i missing something ?
You can use the Shelly to switch up to 16A, for bigger or inductive loads then the Shelly can switch a contactor.

For remote switching you can use the input of one Shelly to trigger another…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Back down to 7 degs today. A bit of multi tasking with the wbs, tumbledryer replacement for a towel load that was being soaked outdoors and a big pot of lamb & Veg Broth.

Totally reliable bit.of kit. ❤️

Also had the gas boiler annual service a couple of days ago, cancelling the maintenance contract monthly payment on that particular unit! WBS & SH's did the job to the required standard and then some over Winter. :twisted:

I'd like to do more insulation but I'm pretty much there for reasonably accessible remedial works... :(
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Next time the kitchen is ripped out I need to seal around some pipe penetrations and an apparent drain in the corner ( according to the previous kitchen fitter some ten years back)

There’s a distinct cold corner in there.

We also had the WBS going today despite it being a really nice day with more than a hint of sunshine, we managed just over 8.5kWh and I used the WBS to preheat the Dutch oven which I use to bake this …..

It’s a no fuss bread recipe that takes five minutes to weigh and mix then you can either leave it six hours to do its own thing or you can fold it four times each half hour for four hours to get a bit higher rise. Then 45 minutes in the Dutch oven inside the main oven plus up to fifteen minutes with the lid off the Dutch to brown to your personal preference.

Had a crusty end with some beef stew for tea :D bliss

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:50 pm Next time the kitchen is ripped out I need to seal around some pipe penetrations and an apparent drain in the corner ( according to the previous kitchen fitter some ten years back)

There’s a distinct cold corner in there.

We also had the WBS going today despite it being a really nice day with more than a hint of sunshine, we managed just over 8.5kWh and I used the WBS to preheat the Dutch oven which I use to bake this …..

It’s a no fuss bread recipe that takes five minutes to weigh and mix then you can either leave it six hours to do its own thing or you can fold it four times each half hour for four hours to get a bit higher rise. Then 45 minutes in the Dutch oven inside the main oven plus up to fifteen minutes with the lid off the Dutch to brown to your personal preference.

Had a crusty end with some beef stew for tea :D bliss

Moxi
:xl: ooh, liking the bread. I'm 3 weeks into a diet which I kind of started at the all inclusive in benidorm (low to no carbs for a fortnight). 2.5kgs off my fat ass so far.

How much for a slice of homebake and don't tell swmbo? 🤔 :hysteria:

Never actually been on a diet before. By jingo the brain fairly screams for the first few weeks! Last 2 days have been better. Started at 107kgs 6ft 2" :oops:
Going to try for 95kgs, my old offshore weight at 40 yrs..

Now at 104.5kgs.

Game on! :SOS: :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Good for you,

Me and Lucie live on the slimming world diet as its a very easy way to eat healthy and maintain your weight on that diet.

The loaf weighs in at 650g when baked and its 2.3Cal per g, so you cuts your slice according to what you have left on your daily allowance :lol:

The crusty and tasty end piece was 78 Calories and about 3/8 of an inch thick if that makes portion size easier to imagine.

Over xmas I drifted up to 12st 4lb, so now I am limiting myself to 1500 Calories a day to get back down to 11st 7lb which at 5'8" is just inside the upper boundary for my BMI and according to the wife is about where I look fit :shock:

Who am I to argue with my better half ? :lol:

Glorious sunny morning here and 0 degrees, I have three temporary panels out on the south side of the cottage this morning waiting for the sun to crack over the shoulder of the mountain, then I will swing them ESE to get the first of the days energy harvest. Rest of the morning is spent popping out every 30 to 40 minutes to swing them a little further towards due south, after midday I leave them be until 4pm when its time to swing them due west.

It is the same sort of fun as I used to get from sailing a dinghy in a fresh blow with as much sail as I could dare !

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Nice looking bread there Moxi, how about posting the recipe?

My WBS has been doing extra duty these past few days as existing (oil) heating is being replaced with this-

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

PHWOAR!

Steady on there Fintray this is a family forum!

That looks lovely !

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I will post the bread recipe shortly when I find where to post it (would the plant and sustainability section be the right place of the cafe ??)

In the mean time before I got distracted by Fintrays heat pump :shock: I was going to say that we were off the grid before 9am today and that was with the washing machine on! top start to the day !

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:18 am I will post the bread recipe shortly when I find where to post it (would the plant and sustainability section be the right place of the cafe ??)

In the mean time before I got distracted by Fintrays heat pump :shock: I was going to say that we were off the grid before 9am today and that was with the washing machine on! top start to the day !

Moxi
Cheers for sharing Moxi! Got my three chilli arabiata on the go. 6 full hours on the WBS then switch to zero energy positive air distribution.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:06 am Nice looking bread there Moxi, how about posting the recipe?

My WBS has been doing extra duty these past few days as existing (oil) heating is being replaced with this-

Really looking forward to hearing how it performs? Looks great!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs