Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
resybaby

Re: Small things matter

Post by resybaby »

Looks great Joeboy, just needs a small table in the boot room to stand your cold beer on whilst relaxing, maybe a mini fridge (run from the panels of course) to keep it nice and cool
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

Youve been busy Joe!
Looks grand.
I had eye surgery last week, not supposed to be doing much bending, but i only had the cement mixer hire for one more day.
I got the shed slab poured this morning, and am now sunburnt, and aching all over!

Couldnt find my edging tool, but that wont matter, and i have a slope to add to the front once the form is removed anyway.
1:8 ballast mix, 20cm deep, laying on old pavers and gravel, where the old diesel tank used to sit.
Should be beefy enough to cope with 400kg of batteries. 🤞
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

NoraBatty wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:11 pm Youve been busy Joe!
Looks grand.
I had eye surgery last week, not supposed to be doing much bending, but i only had the cement mixer hire for one more day.
I got the shed slab poured this morning, and am now sunburnt, and aching all over!

Couldnt find my edging tool, but that wont matter, and i have a slope to add to the front once the form is removed anyway.
1:8 ballast mix, 20cm deep, laying on old pavers and gravel, where the old diesel tank used to sit.
Should be beefy enough to cope with 400kg of batteries. 🤞
Looks good Nora, that slab looks like it would be good for 4T, plenty room for expansion! What eye augmentation did you get?
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

I wish!
I had my retina reattached, after my idiot self opened a roll of polypipe for the garden and it sprang back and whipped me in the eye.
Silly mistakes always hurt the most.
I did take it easy, small batches so as not to strain myself.
Its a waiting game now. It may partially reattach or may still not heal. Currently have grey to black vision in the eye, seeing shadows and washed out colour when i take thr patch off.

Sorry to those squeamish!

Shed will be 8x4. Largest size i could get in the space without protuding too far out. Plenty of space for mounting the hardware, and for the 45kwhs already planned. Should have room for another 60+KWh of batteries if needs must, and the slad should handle it fine :xx:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

NoraBatty wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:34 pm I wish!
I had my retina reattached, after my idiot self opened a roll of polypipe for the garden and it sprang back and whipped me in the eye.
Silly mistakes always hurt the most.
I did take it easy, small batches so as not to strain myself.
Its a waiting game now. It may partially reattach or may still not heal. Currently have grey to black vision in the eye, seeing shadows and washed out colour when i take thr patch off.

Sorry to those squeamish!

Shed will be 8x4. Largest size i could get in the space without protuding too far out. Plenty of space for mounting the hardware, and for the 45kwhs already planned. Should have room for another 60+KWh of batteries if needs must, and the slad should handle it fine :xx:
Damn, that's nasty 😳. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Best get some bole safety glasses for going forward? Double damn, that's a lot of liberated energy into a small space....
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

Thanks.
I've got safety goggles, but who would think to put them on, for such a task.
H&S managers excluded!

45kwh is the current plan.
I may get 15 more, but increasing solar is the more pressing issue once set up.

Any more than 60, and it won't really be feesible without mega solar to charge, or a large inverter.

Shed should be plenty big enough to handle 45/60kwh?
Its got vents, and I have an extractor to hook up with a thermostatic switch, so should not overheat?
nowty

Post by nowty »

Your power shed sounds a good plan. :mrgreen:

I've gotton away with many near disasters throughout my life not wearing eye protection, H&S was not quite the same back in the day and I didn't care when I was young but I do now.

Your accident reminds me of a work colleague a couple of decades ago who went on a training course. He walked back to his car, course notes in hand, then as he lunged forward into his car, he stabbed himself in his eye with the corner of the paper he was holding in his hand. He was okay in the end but had ripped off his epithelium (surface of the eye). I know how much that hurts because I ripped off my epithelium twice after laser surgery when my eyelid stuck to it overnight. I was on nightly lacrilube (thin vaseline type eye ointment) for a couple of years after that.
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

Sounds horrible.
Eyea are the only thing that ever makes me squeamish.
My sister is an opthalmologist, and some other optho thing i forget the name of now.
I asked the doctors to inform her of everything that occurred so she can put it into non gross format for me that makes sense, but i was told i have a belt around my eye and they emptied it of jelly, replacing it with oil. Which was enough to give me the heebie jeebies.
The bigger issue was my blood pressure which is always low, to the point i pass out often.
They wouldnt let me out of hospital until it aporoached close to normal levels following the anasthetic, for fear i redetached if i fainted.
So i was in from 8am friday morning until tuesday afternoon. Followed to the toilet each time i got out of bed.
Better safe than sorry i suppose, but you feel like a fraud taking up a bed for someone in dire need, when you dont feel ill enough to be there.

Thanks for the shed comment. I thought so. Wasnt sure if Joeboy was worried about sizing etc, with his last post?
so its nice to have confirmation from your esteemed self Nowty that it should be okay.
Its far enough away from the house, and neighbours houses that if it all goes boom, only the garden gets destroyed. Not that i can think why it would.
Bonus this morning is no cat prints in the concrete. Thats a first for me! Perhaps ours have finally learned over repeated exposure that wet concrete burns paws.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

NoraBatty wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:05 am Sounds horrible.
Eyea are the only thing that ever makes me squeamish.
My sister is an opthalmologist, and some other optho thing i forget the name of now.
I asked the doctors to inform her of everything that occurred so she can put it into non gross format for me that makes sense, but i was told i have a belt around my eye and they emptied it of jelly, replacing it with oil. Which was enough to give me the heebie jeebies.
The bigger issue was my blood pressure which is always low, to the point i pass out often.
They wouldnt let me out of hospital until it aporoached close to normal levels following the anasthetic, for fear i redetached if i fainted.
So i was in from 8am friday morning until tuesday afternoon. Followed to the toilet each time i got out of bed.
Better safe than sorry i suppose, but you feel like a fraud taking up a bed for someone in dire need, when you dont feel ill enough to be there.

Thanks for the shed comment. I thought so. Wasnt sure if Joeboy was worried about sizing etc, with his last post?
so its nice to have confirmation from your esteemed self Nowty that it should be okay.
Its far enough away from the house, and neighbours houses that if it all goes boom, only the garden gets destroyed. Not that i can think why it would.
Bonus this morning is no cat prints in the concrete. Thats a first for me! Perhaps ours have finally learned over repeated exposure that wet concrete burns paws.
Apologies, liberated energy into a small space was refering to pipe end to eye socket. Sorry about that!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

Lol,
ah. My apologies.
Yes, it sprang back with enough force that i have 5 stitches around my eyesocket from a plastic pipe.
What that transfers into in force no idea, but it wasnt fun.
I am normally quite careful with ppe etc for things. Gloves, mask and goggles yesterday for mixing cement, same as cutting wood etc.
Its so obvious looking back of the danger, especially of doing so bending down closer to it, but its something i have never had issue with before. :whako: