Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Joeboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Joeboy »

Temps seem to have fallen back a touch today. 34 degs in shade with swamp cooler providing a nice wee balcony bubble at 26 degs and only running at setting 1 of 3.

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Although to ensure an enjoyable stay I bought a five quid paddling pool at local supermarket this morning. Had a great day at big pool then kicked back post dinner (air fryer) on upper back balcony and yes indeed we were in the paddling pool 3 floors up.. :)

This went on into full dark with tunes(solar charged), then to loungers watching shooting stars zip by.
8-)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

That's four full days in and the single panel is easily keeping up with the 5v requirements. Sadly the drop back to one panel (bag was full of sirloins) and 12V network box test is ahead of what the single panel can provide. :cry:

No worries though as we'll be good through to tomorrow on the 5V systems only. I'll need one day out of six with the network box on mains to bring all the batteries back up from their depleting trajectory.

Not bad though? If I brought the second panel (a total of 56W) panel we'd be aceing it! This has been an excellent exercise since Spring in raising my own awareness of just how much can be done with seemingly small equipment.

So much so that it was fundamental in deciding to add a small scale system to No1 son's house back in Scotland.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I think you have the gist of it joe.

Bearing in mind the depletion you mentioned (my brain didn't get it re "sirloins" ,..do you mean you missed peak "swap out" time from being down the butchers or owt?

Before you suffer more inflation, perhaps hit the button for some "for later" proper (but small) panel & set up for your USB units, ..whatever you are learning now you can carry on, just the rampancy of "world state" I think press the button on something now & stick it under the bed space Joe.

& buy some more battery banks to swap out as a buffer if running it fine (just to taunt me further) OR get Colin to investigate a USB battery box kit for some of his new stuff to do log term testing with & utilise that as the buffer ;)

What's the news on your Turkish electronics mate? has he found a new place or has he GONE gone?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:58 pm I think you have the gist of it joe.

Bearing in mind the depletion you mentioned (my brain didn't get it re "sirloins" ,..do you mean you missed peak "swap out" time from being down the butchers or owt?

Before you suffer more inflation, perhaps hit the button for some "for later" proper (but small) panel & set up for your USB units, ..whatever you are learning now you can carry on, just the rampancy of "world state" I think press the button on something now & stick it under the bed space Joe.

& buy some more battery banks to swap out as a buffer if running it fine (just to taunt me further) OR get Colin to investigate a USB battery box kit for some of his new stuff to do log term testing with & utilise that as the buffer ;)

What's the news on your Turkish electronics mate? has he found a new place or has he GONE gone?
Furkan sadly is gone, gone. Hopefully set up somewhere else but I'll never know. The backpack has a finite vol so rather than bring panel 2 back out I went with 8 sirloin steaks and guessed that 1 panel already here would be fine. :D

Each 75% soc per 24hr cycle is 0.225kWh. 5 days we save 1.125kWh grid energy. Looks like I'm not in this part of RE world for the money! Although it is 82kWh pa and I listen to that figure.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Had my Dahon vitesse rear wheel respoked out here while I was back home. A local fella next village over did it for £20. Took the bike out for a run and found 4W dubai style bulbs at 33tl per bulb.That's a quid a pop (I hope they don't). Will fit them throughout apartment and that will be Scotland N, Scotland E and Turkey all lighting up for next to nothing. :D 8-)

P.S £2 per hulb ftom Amazon end May 23.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Yet another strange crop of supposedly low energy bulbs. Total marked Wattage is 200W across the lot. Last time I did this at home there was a 10%-20% over on Wattage actually drawn. 😳

I'll stick to the 200W potential has now been replaced by 40W.

I had to double check as my mind said 'yep 80% reduction' and a REALLY cynical part of me said 'NO way'!

Yes way. :twisted:

I'll be buying another 10 dubai style bulbs when the supermarket restock, same vol of ES to SES adapters from China. That will take care of the entire apartment and we'll see how long they last. Gonna be a BIG spare bulb box in the staircase loft! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Gathering the Dubai (style) bulb empty clay sprayed boxes for repurposing as woodchip (solar generated) packed fire lighters back on the Island. Noticed the energy rating and had half a laugh, eh Nowty? 💡

:ugeek:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:22 pm Gathering the Dubai (style) bulb empty clay sprayed boxes for repurposing as woodchip (solar generated) packed fire lighters back on the Island. Noticed the energy rating and had half a laugh, eh Nowty? 💡

The philips ultra efficient series (and similar) are 485 lumens for 2.3W and are A rated on the new scale.
https://www.lighting.philips.co.uk/cons ... ifications

I did a review of some of the latest here,
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 337#p31337
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:28 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:22 pm Gathering the Dubai (style) bulb empty clay sprayed boxes for repurposing as woodchip (solar generated) packed fire lighters back on the Island. Noticed the energy rating and had half a laugh, eh Nowty? 💡

The philips ultra efficient series (and similar) are 485 lumens for 2.3W and are A rated on the new scale.
https://www.lighting.philips.co.uk/cons ... ifications
Well fuckety, fuck, fuck, better upgrade instantly! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Three fans tech in 1 photo. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2