Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Joeboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Joeboy »

A lovely small moment. Toaster and travel kettle on at the same time. Such a small thing not to have to stack use due to 3.8kW hybrid limit.

Also just about powering the kettle from the incoming PV only. THAT is enormously satisfying. Especially in January where my mind is programmed to expect nothing from the PV. :)

16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

On the up! 5kWh yesterday from PV and my entire ugglies wood section has now been converted and is drying for next Winter. SWMBO was so impressed she made a cuppa on the 800W travel kettle, there was even a pancake! :)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Very fast delivery on the rechargeable motion sensor led lights from China. I really like these lights. They get the job done and look good for what they are.

These 6 are heading out to Turkey to fulfill night light role but also as lightweight grid out lighting charged off the solar panels.

Worth a look if you need motion sensing nightlights, very effective.

https://x.alibaba.com/AvZZsU?ck=pdp

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Started a new small Womble project today. Using a plum tree section cut last I am attempting to make a Summer G&T side table for SWMBO.

Got the legs (2nd hand) measured, dowelled and old fixing holes filled. Belt sanded (solar powered) the top to remove chainsaw marks. I'm using things I've seen in the past to stabilise the cracks. For the small cracks its a mix of epoxy glue mixed with powdered brass, lends a nice green tinge. First layer in to cure and I'll overfill at next stage.

For the big crack I've used Woodglue mixed with sanding dust from the plum tree section itself. Not sure how long it will take to cure. Couple of weeks, maybe a month?

Some beautiful radials starting to emerge in the wood surface. I'm not really even an attempt at a joiner but I am enjoying this. :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

First time getting a tipping trailer load instead of bulk bags.
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:48 pm Started a new small Womble project today. Using a plum tree section cut last I am attempting to make a Summer G&T side table for SWMBO.

Got the legs (2nd hand) measured, dowelled and old fixing holes filled. Belt sanded (solar powered) the top to remove chainsaw marks. I'm using things I've seen in the past to stabilise the cracks. For the small cracks its a mix of epoxy glue mixed with powdered brass, lends a nice green tinge. First layer in to cure and I'll overfill at next stage.

For the big crack I've used Woodglue mixed with sanding dust from the plum tree section itself. Not sure how long it will take to cure. Couple of weeks, maybe a month?

Some beautiful radials starting to emerge in the wood surface. I'm not really even an attempt at a joiner but I am enjoying this. :D

Nice bitof grain on that Cherry Joe,i,ve given some cherry logs to my mate who plays about with his lathe, apparently it is good for turning.

Heres a beech table I made a couple of years ago,

it took ages to dry out and still needed machining flat a couple of times, I need to refine the surface quite a lot further, but a bloody motorbike is in the way now!!

Oh and here is "offcut"

Desp
Blah blah blah
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

spread-tee wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:20 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:48 pm Started a new small Womble project today. Using a plum tree section cut last I am attempting to make a Summer G&T side table for SWMBO.

Nice bitof grain on that Cherry Joe,i,ve given some cherry logs to my mate who plays about with his lathe, apparently it is good for turning.

Heres a beech table I made a couple of years ago,

it took ages to dry out and still needed machining flat a couple of times, I need to refine the surface quite a lot further, but a bloody motorbike is in the way now!!

Oh and here is "offcut"

Desp
Offcut the cat is looking good! Nice beech table. Better there for a century than through the WBS.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

1st ever all inclusive hotel. Walked in and sorry sir room not ready until 2pm..... Although the bar is open, there's a cheese and wine thing ongoing and the restaurant opens at 1pm for lunch.

Sorry? WHAT! Oh OK then.. :xl:

The view is tres municipal and a fair few polis sirens yet its all quite grand.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

We love Spanish municipal, even not-very special views from bedroom windows:
Reus1.jpg
Reus1.jpg (293.82 KiB) Viewed 665 times
...you never know what you are going to bump into:
Reus2.JPG
Reus2.JPG (255 KiB) Viewed 665 times
(People going to some sort of procession in "galleon" outfits!)
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I’ve never done the all inclusive thing. I fear that I like getting value for money too much. My liver and waterline may never recover!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)