Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Joeboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Joeboy »

Nowty, sig adjusted to reflect addition. Sitting here listening to Fleetwood Mac and having a beer. A swift panel count sees us at 39 panels onsite. Pretty sure that places me in the full on Mentalist ring. Or maybe just enlightened?

Add in No1's & Turkonium and the count is now 43 panels across a couple of timezones. Jings!

Been keeping an eye on the balance between the Solaredge & Victron system and they seem to be within 150W of each other most times of checking.

Interested to see what happens tomorrow when I throw the then to be newly installed breaker. Shall there be smoke? :twisted:

18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 15MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Any reason why the middle panel does not quite line up with the other two ?, or is that temporary ?

I've had a recount here as well and just updated my sig, 16.9kWp from 55 panels.
16.9kW PV > 105MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 21MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:10 pm Any reason why the middle panel does not quite line up with the other two ?, or is that temporary ?

I've had a recount here as well and just updated my sig, 16.9kWp from 55 panels.
It's either really bad fitting or ive just lost the whole mm work ethic. Fixing the panels in place tomorrow, adjusted then maybe.

There are 18 panels in this shot.

I'll be honest and say I'd kind of lost the full count plot...

Although I am still coherent enough to claim this as a cool as F photo. :D

SWMBO has been very much onside in this build and I'm really liking that. 👍
She helped hoy the panels up today and was fully in there for ripping the 8x2"'s down. Plus the laughs, jokes and abuse. My bird is Epic. 8-)

If you're lucky you only kinda get the one.. I am overjoyed. :D

We'll see what this bad boy fires up to tomorrow. :twisted: :ugeek:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Joeboy
I have to say im very disappointed with your 'cool as f photo'

And must express my utter disbelief and overwhelming displeasure

currently nestling under the branches of a cullable tree, i can see a further shed in your garden.

And it has NO PANELS on its roof!!!!!!!

Disgraceful behaviour.

please consider your wrists rapped for such an oversight and make amends as soon as to sort this unpalatable oversight.

Evidential photos and a humble apology required in short order :fight: :hysteria:
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:57 am Joeboy
I have to say im very disappointed with your 'cool as f photo'

And must express my utter disbelief and overwhelming displeasure

currently nestling under the branches of a cullable tree, i can see a further shed in your garden.

And it has NO PANELS on its roof!!!!!!!

Disgraceful behaviour.

please consider your wrists rapped for such an oversight and make amends as soon as to sort this unpalatable oversight.

Evidential photos and a humble apology required in short order :fight: :hysteria:
Thank you Resy, sorry Resy, will try harder Resy. :twisted:

Although this one is in the lap of the goddess. I've been told in no uncertain terms that "the log cabin will NOT be covered in those f'ing solar panels, what's wrong with you Joe?" :D

Switch on of new string happened at 09.27hrs. I had SWMBO watching and it leapt from 1700W to 3200W which is the solar charge controller limit. When any clouds pass and the figures become fluid and fast moving the Victron system is consistently 500W ahead of the Solaredge which is great considering they were roughly on par yesterday.

I am very glad that SWMBO was watching the gauge when Switch was thrown as it hit home that its instant on, no warming up required. 8-)

Away to do a bit more cable tidying then I'll fix the panels in place (squint).
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Victron system was shutdown for about 10 minutes today and also lost out on about 2.5hrs enhanced productivity.

Solaredge system won yesterday by 1kWh production or around 6.5% over the Victron system.

I wonder how it will play out today and by what margin? :D

The Solaredge is good up to 5kW whereas Victron is 3.2kW limited. This is a nice wee tortoise & hare scenario in a typically Scottish hit or miss weather day of fast moving clouds. I think the consistent low end overage of the Victron will win out over the higher top end sprint of the Solaredge.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

ahhh Joeboy the SWMBO orders most definately outrank all others.
Behind every good man is a far better woman who, in general, definately wears the trousers, even if the good man claims otherwise when out of ear range.
You are hereby forgiven the under utilisation of spare roof space, on pain of an unhappy SWMBO, which is something no man requires.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

resybaby wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 5:12 pm ahhh Joeboy the SWMBO orders most definately outrank all others.
Behind every good man is a far better woman who, in general, definately wears the trousers, even if the good man claims otherwise when out of ear range.
You are hereby forgiven the under utilisation of spare roof space, on pain of an unhappy SWMBO, which is something no man requires.
Mucho gracias senor. I messed about with the panels and got a better alignment before screwing down from below. That job (the fixing of the panels) was a total pita but its done now and I'm glad to not be doing it again!

Nice to see the Victron outstripping the Solaredge system by yep, honestly...1kWh!

The gap has closed in momentary generation at this time of evening but I can say that I can see the difference going on past experience. I am very happy to be seeing 1kW incoming at 18.30hrs on a cloudy evening. Bodes well for the shoulder months.

Edit- next morning, first early start.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

What an absolutely smashing day. Joyous even. Started the gable end wall section. SWMBO decided to split logs. Within a few hours, through a strange osmosis, the job was gone from me and under new management! :D

Many things were trialled in an incredibly short space of time. Wee Lassies, Wendy Hooses, nothing has changed. :praise:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Watched an excellent Kris Harbour compilation video of his projects. Perfect way to start the day with a cuppa and some inspiration too. That lad is some grafter and meticulous in execution.

Back in old biff land we finished framing out the long wall and covered it with weed membrane (breathability and colour). Ran a few boards through the solar tablesaw and SWMBO had a chat about what will look best.

Our collage board!

We have settled on 200mm boards with 30mm cover strips for the outer walls and 100mm boards with a 5mm shadow gap for the inner walls.

All will be ripped and prepped using solar powered tools from 200 x 25 mm ungraded, untreated Storm Arwen timber. 😀

It will be a lot of work but I feel I owe it to the build to be as low carbon as I can be. The weed membrane is a leftover from a job years ago and the tablesaw I bought for £50 off a mate 15 years ago secondhand after he'd built an extension using it. 👍

I've now got somewhere to hang my shirt in the build, even if it is a G clamp!

Roll on tomorrow, get into these boards. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs