Cam Pets, or Petcam?

Mart

Re: Cam Pets, or Petcam?

Post by Mart »

I posted a pic of Kelly (Guide Dog in training) playing with our boy Buster a month ago. She's been back with us several times. And now we've been looking after her sister Brenda on the odd day she needs cover.

We've got one or the other staying with us for a few days/nights on several occasions over the next month, and they are both at a much higher level than the typical dogs we see.

Brenda (and Kelly) can hold her own in a full 'bitey-face' wrestling match with Buster:

And she's the first dog to manage to climb/wriggle through a coffee table we have in the living room, giving access to the hidden catflap into the conservatory:

No pic, but she also disappeared at one point, and we found her standing on top of the dining room table retrieving (well that is what she's designed for) the stuffed dinosaur toy that she and Buster had played with earlier. :facepalm:
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Funny how life goes in circles, so back to post 1, and we will be looking after Vesper for the weekend, then a week later for another two weeks. Owners going on holiday and he can't go with them as he hasn't been well, sadly.

He's only six but has recently had operations on his ACL which was failing, and arthritis, so he needs lots of care, and can't go walking and running with the family. He was with us and Buster (nearly inseperable) for nearly 18 months due to Covid lockdown, and our ginga ninjas loved him too. Pic of Vesper watching Bodie & Doyle play as kits.

And on the weekend we went on a roadtrip to meet a family with a retired buddy dog. They were planning there first family trip, but needed somewhere safe for their doggo. Bad news - a week before the meet he suddenly collapsed (12yrs old) and it was hit or miss, but following diagnosis and meds he bounced back, and when we met the family he was trying to bounce and play with Buster, though his rear legs weren't exactly co-ordinating with his front ones. If he makes it to September then we'll have him for a couple of weeks. :xx:

Popped to the rescue last week to drop off 20 bags of litter, and was watched throughout by a pretty white kit. Went to take a pic and Mum and the siblings rushed over to say hello too.

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mart

Post by Mart »

News from Cardiff.

So as mentioned, we had Vesper stay with us twice, the second time for over 2 weeks, and it was like he'd never left. In fact towards the end of his stay, as we were walking hime further (during his rehab for his leg op), we visited a park he hadn't been to for 3.5yrs, and yet he immediately left us and headed for a semi bramble blocked corner were dogs can squeeze through to a very small pond. He loves water and clearly remembered immediately.

The cats Bodie and Doyle seemed to remember him, and despite still having mild PTSD from the attentions of the pop bottle sisters - Brenda and Kelly, they were soon headbutting him.

Vesper (left) and Buster out for a stroll:

Sadly, the lovely retired buddy dog we were to look after in Sept, whilst the owners were on holiday, passed away. It was great to meet them and the dog beforehand, and it was instantly clear why this big cuddly boy had been chosen as a buddy dog.

New news, and we got a call about a young working guide dog from N. Wales who may need a home for 2 to 3 months. Quick bit of stalking by wifey and we found out that the owner is the youngest guide dog owner and has a small Youtube channel. It may seem odd to say this, but it was nice to see a dog working in full harness, as we tend to only see the dog chilling out with us. It's always incredible to see these lovely friendly dogs transition to professional mode when the walking harness is put on. They are true rock stars.

Fingers crossed we get to spend the Autumn with the lovely Sarah.

Qualification day will Sarah and I qualify?
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Bit disappointed, turns out we won't get to enjoy Sarah the guide dog this autumn, as she might not be a fan of our cats. I don't blame her! :cat-frown:

But the good news is that we didn't tell our boy Buster, just in case, so we don't have to break the bad news to him.

Hopefully we'll get to enjoy one or more of the dogs from the next round of trainees.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mart

Post by Mart »

What's that saying, I think it's 'when one dog closes another one opens'?

So, we got to meet the lovely Gary today, who stayed and kept me company for the afternoon. He's a very friendly Retriever cross German Shepherd who's progressing (slowly) through training with Guide Dogs. He and Buster got on like a house on fire.

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Mart wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:25 pm What's that saying, I think it's 'when one dog closes another one opens'?

So, we got to meet the lovely Gary today, who stayed and kept me company for the afternoon. He's a very friendly Retriever cross German Shepherd who's progressing (slowly) through training with Guide Dogs. He and Buster got on like a house on fire.

Where have I seen one of those ladder stores before... :D
Make sure you trim those shrubs to keep at a suitable height as wouldn't want the ladder store to be shaded.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Fintray wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:07 pm
Mart wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:25 pm What's that saying, I think it's 'when one dog closes another one opens'?

Where have I seen one of those ladder stores before... :D
Make sure you trim those shrubs to keep at a suitable height as wouldn't want the ladder store to be shaded.
its the first "ladder store" i have seen on here with ladders stored :hysteria:
Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Moxi wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:41 pm its the first "ladder store" i have seen on here with ladders stored :hysteria:
Moxi
First time for everything, Nowty's ladders are always in use installing more PV! :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

Fintray wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:07 pm
Moxi wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:41 pm its the first "ladder store" i have seen on here with ladders stored :hysteria:
Moxi
First time for everything, Nowty's ladders are always in use installing more PV! :D
The original ladder store, circa 10 years ago. :mrgreen:

This year, the original ladder store had an extension. :twisted:

16.9kW PV > 108MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 24MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Oh my bad I had failed to spot the step ladder originally, good job you extended the ladder store otherwise that step ladder might not have fitted in :hysteria:

Moxi