Post by Stig »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:38 am Image

Another one turned up.
MayBeee they are coming over on boat. :oO:
No, if so there would have been a pussycat, not a second owl. :lol:
Mart

Re: Cam Pets, or Petcam?

Post by Mart »

Silly photo but it made me giggle. I gave the ginga ninja twins a handful of biscuit treats, and they settled down to a face off (loaf off?) for the last one. Managed to get an 'aerial photo' of them, and it suddenly reminded me of the chocolate mouse sweets I used to get in a 10p mix bag. Thought it ironic that cats look a bit like mice.

Bodie, normal sized male on the left, with Doyle the salad dodger on the right.

[Spoiler alert for those that can't take the tension - after a minute, Bodie snuck a paw out, and slowly drew the last treat to him.]
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Whilst we don't do much boarding for Guide Dogs now (since I got Long Covid), we do cover respite, emergencies etc.. So we've been lucky to look after the lovely Kelly for one or two days, on a number of occassions this year. She's adorable and loves a cuddle. Here's a pic of her playing with our boy Buster:

Also, here's an odd thing (meaning I'm odd), but thought I might mention it for anyone with a very (very!) good memory - So here are a couple of photos posted a long time ago, in a forum far far away:

After two years of patience and befriending, capture attempt one -

30 mins later, capture attempt 2, after emergency repairs for the immediate breaking of the cat box-

Couple of days later, trying to decide if he can trust me enough to fully exit his safe place-

Couple more days of laying in his room, and reading books, magazines to him for 30mins, every couple of hours, and I wore him down (Stockholm Syndrome perhaps?)-

I mention all of this, as we are approaching the 10th anniversary of 'Gotcha day' for Flash (formerly Geoff (GIAF - gone in a flash)), who's updates led to the creation of a forum pet page.

He's now about 17. Has lost his ears to sun damage, his teeth to FIV, nearly had to 'call it' 18months ago, when he ruptured both achilles (but found a way to walk again as they didn't break completely), then again last June when his breathing changed (but was OK), then again in mid Feb when we booked a date with the vet's. But the tough old guy brightened up, and started to enjoy the sunshine again, and was purring at the vets, so we decided to give him another week or two ...... or three .....

Will he make it to his (and our?) 10th anniversary on the 6th May ....... I've no idea, but he's still happy, eating and purring, but ever more wobbly.

Hope nobody minds this trip down memory lane. My how time flies.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Mart wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm
Will he make it to his (and our?) 10th anniversary on the 6th May ....... I've no idea, but he's still happy, eating and purring, but ever more wobbly.

Yes, of course he will :xx:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mart

Post by Mart »

New friend today. My neighbour who helps at the cat rescue, had to rush to W. Wales for a small family emergency. So asked me to check in on Petal and give her meds at the necessary times.

Petal was at the rescue, but is a bit nuts, and plays rough. She hurt her eye, then got an abscess, and needed it removed. My neighbour collected her from the vets, but thought she'd be better off in her spare room, to quieten her down, while she recovers.

So I pop over, expecting a shy cat. She runs across the room to me, has a quick cwtch, then flops down offering her belly. I fuss the belly, and get caught in the 'bear-trap', where cats trick you, then grab your hand with all four murder mittens, and gnaw at you, though her teeth were blunted by the 'cone-of-shame'.

Putting aside all the marks on my hands (no blood drawn), she's adorable ...... adorably nuts.

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

SWMBO and I were in Stonehaven last week. Met this fella and his two rescue dogs in a cafe there. He's walking the UK coast.for animal charity. Lovely dogs, great fella. Gave him a wee bung that he never even alluded to. Good lad.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1 ... _open_user
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mart

Post by Mart »

Hey Joeboy, slight digression (moi, shirley not!) but just scrolled down his page and saw the piece of wood. Before reading the comment above, I immediately saw a really tired Ostrich. Not sure I want to know what brain type I am.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Fintray wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm

You called it, he was still with us this morning. And spent the day sitting in the sun on his bench (we have a little brick steps set-up for him). Days are running down, but I'm not taking bets anymore, I keep losing!

Hope this doesn't seem morbid, I genuinely find it fun that this tough old guy is still enjoying life. The more dishevelled he gets, the more I'm reminded of Bagpuss - "Even Bagpuss himself, once he was asleep, was just an old saggy cloth cat. Baggy, and a bit loose at the seams, but Emily loved him."

Chilling out with some of the gang. Furniture covered in sheets, towels, old duvet covers etc, for several years now, due to frequent ear 'explosions'.

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Mart

Post by Mart »

At the lake a pair of silly Coots decided to build a nest in the open, next to a walkway, on some weeds. Then as it rained and the water level rose, or the wind caused rivulets, they worked tirelessly to repair the nest as fast as it was falling apart.

Well, their hard work (and stupidity) has been rewarded.

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Mart wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:29 pm
Fintray wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm

You called it, he was still with us this morning. And spent the day sitting in the sun on his bench (we have a little brick steps set-up for him). Days are running down, but I'm not taking bets anymore, I keep losing!

Hope this doesn't seem morbid, I genuinely find it fun that this tough old guy is still enjoying life. The more dishevelled he gets, the more I'm reminded of Bagpuss - "Even Bagpuss himself, once he was asleep, was just an old saggy cloth cat. Baggy, and a bit loose at the seams, but Emily loved him."

Chilling out with some of the gang. Furniture covered in sheets, towels, old duvet covers etc, for several years now, due to frequent ear 'explosions'.

Good to hear that he's still enjoying life. :xl:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf