Cam Pets, or Petcam?

Mart

Re: Cam Pets, or Petcam?

Post by Mart »

Popped to my sister's yesterday to see the new pups that two of here dogs had had.

Quite an exotic breed, apparently they are 'long Knecked South American Poodles'.

3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Mart

Post by Mart »

We've got a new visitor.

Another trainee guide dog boarder, just for the week.

Justin is a heavy built retriever / shepherd cross. He's the black dog, with our boy Buster sharing the limelight.

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Saw a weird(ish) thing in the park, so thought I'd share a pic, plus some extras.

So, I took Buster the doggo for a walk, and someone had left a football in the park. Three crows were fascinated by it, and pecking away. But they did move off a bit when I approached to get a better pic:

It occured to me, because I'm silly, that this may be where the sport of murderball got its name?

Next, got up and fed Buster, then pottered around downstairs, and had a play on the X-box. Noticed that Buster wasn't with me, so went looking, and found out that other options are higher than me on his list:

And have to throw in a cat pic, so here's Doyle filling a basin with his 8kg frame. His petite brother Bodie weighs in at ~4.2kg. It may be time to start dieting?

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Enfys is our latest family addition, she’s 7 months old and likes empty loo rolls for habitat enrichment.

Moxi
Mart

Post by Mart »

Noticed the doggos are treading in a lot of mud and water, so we got a nice new absorbent rug for the route to the garden, to wash off paws.

But can't help being reminded of a catchphrase from Kenny Everett?

Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Not a pet.

It just decided to move in.
Hasent offered to pay any rent.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:29 am Image
Not a pet.

It just decided to move in Hasent offered to pay any rent.
Lovely. The bones in the pellets will add calcium to your compost heap though - and lots of little sharp teeth when you spread it.
I am thinking of taking a header brick out of our south gable and putting a wide shallow (but covered) nest box inside/screwed to the wall in the loft. Apparently sparrows need to nest comunally and much of their decline is down to weatherproofed roofs with no ways in for them any more.
I am very surprised tha the RSPB plan https://www.bto.org/sites/default/files ... x_plan.pdf is for a single. I saw one for a group of them:
sparrow box.png
sparrow box.png (7.01 KiB) Viewed 799 times
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stig

Post by Stig »

I used to get a few sparrows nesting behind the barge boards on top of the outer brick wall of the west-facing gable. Sadly I had to get the boards covered with chunky plastic as they'd been chewed by squirrels who wanted to nest in the loft. :( It's really disturbing when you're woken at dawn in the summer by rodents running around above the ceiling and you think about the mains and solar panel wiring they might chew through...

I've been meaning to put up some nesting boxes as compensation.
richbee

Post by richbee »

Mart wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:59 am Noticed the doggos are treading in a lot of mud and water, so we got a nice new absorbent rug for the route to the garden, to wash off paws.

But can't help being reminded of a catchphrase from Kenny Everett?

All in the best possible taste?! 😂
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Another one turned up.
MayBeee they are coming over on boat. :oO: