Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
jonc_uk

Re: Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

Post by jonc_uk »

I would say this is one for the Tesla Motors Club forum: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/search/ ... =relevance
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks for the page link JonC

I have purposely kept it off dedicated tesla forums (of which I'm not a member, if wife is she's inactive) as we dont l i ke hysteria / fingerpointing, molehills, & want(ed) to give tesla a fair crack at the whip to put it right, ..18 months & still jiggered, proves our patience despite annoyance, that a so called "unique" problem is properly scrutinised & fixed for the sake of reputation , quality (vehicle & service) & other owners / public who may get involved in a similar problem not being believed (as per tesla) & their refusal at management level to acknowledge the faults existence & make good, repair & make safe other model 3's or tesla shared software that may as a result incur thes problems.

No forum bar this, no tweets, no facebook etc, just here, no media, "yet" ..but yes the time has come based on time having limits as does polite patience.

What sway does that forum hold in your opinion, tesla uk management & systems remind me of useless managers in comfortable chairs not being proactive, hiding behind a wall of silence leaving the poor buggers lower down to firefight over & over...

Not a fanboi, BEV yes, & there are enough anti ev "holes" out there that would pounce on an exploitative spun media opportunity to kick EV in the nuts, ..which is what we are wary of, but patience in light of ineptitude / arrogance (tesla) wears thin.I

Honesty can be a b1tch.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Some things just aren't worth it though.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Professional capacity in technical & CS, & to my fellow man forbids it.
Secondly, do not want to be treated as a rent boy getting shafted, nor wish that upon others.

Sentry has turned itself off again, as it did whilst in service mode, at tesla, until I turned it back on remotely, it was off again just now..

Flawed tech may cost lives.
I'm not much of a human being, but I do have morals & standards, & right now likely more tenacity seeing this through than others in the same boat down the line.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
jonc_uk

Post by jonc_uk »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:08 pm What sway does that forum hold in your opinion, tesla uk management & systems remind me of useless managers in comfortable chairs not being proactive, hiding behind a wall of silence leaving the poor buggers lower down to firefight over & over...
Probably no sway, but is that any different to other manufacturers?

I was just thinking that your 'unique' problem may not be unique, and in any case a record of it amongst other owners is useful. My experience of the 'we have never seen that problem before' response is that is is usually a service department lie. I have had this in the past with several (premium) manufacturers.

It takes an owner a bit of extra knowledge via an independent garage / forum to challenge.. and posting amongst owners helps achieve this.

Good luck with trying to sort it out. It's amazing how different your feelings towards your own car and the manufacturer is when there is long-running / unfixed issue compared to when it is finally resolved.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Like I say, lucky im not a tesla fan boy, or else I may have topped myself having shot the dogs in a fit of pique! 😉

In our old cs dept, this would be a project to own & resolve asap regardless of the claim, ..& why we won industry awards.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

More apparant problems more delay to wifes journey, requiring thoughts & discussion time-stamp for later, & settings checks..

Whether by logical design or more questionable software some settings refused to activate, (you try & check things out on screen & maybe are left clutching at straws, .. but, I could turn sentry on from the app, she couldnt activate camera detection from within the car, ..why it was off is a mystery, possible explanation being "played with" in service & not reactivated . .would explain a lot, but throws us further down a rabbit hole..& more damage in the meantime.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Guys, without busting a tray of eggs "as it were"
We went back to tesla today with a booked in head scratching appointment base on the previous component swap out& continued failure with more non recorded, nor logged *at any level* damage.

IF, "IF" you have ever suspected your tesla of not recording properly, not saving clips etc then I'd advise you to insist on a beyond standard diagnostics hook up.. because, "safety"

Suffice to say Its bigger than that but not for anti ev brigade to attack EV's & the publics attitude by dint of lousy daily mail-esque faux reportage.

Today was the last day that we could tolerate silence from Tesla uk "mis-management" at head office level & will be pushing it in other directions as tesla uk management have only performed admirably in customer avoidance, denial, & self harming gaffs, company climbing "linked in" suits who dngaf about customer or the brand they work for it would seem, a stark contrast to the boys on the floor absorbing the mess dripping from the gilded cage above.

But now Germany are going to look at it, so why have uk based upper management at all?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Today I rootled around for a usb stick as the loaner TM3 didn't have one, & not having recording concerns us "obviously" in light of the ongoing problems we are experiencing.

No message back from tesla uk
Ditto Germany
Did have a call from Northampton tesla not to access the app otherwise it will wake the car & having changed out the USB (which we considered the likeliest offender from the outset, all those calls / years ago.

But this is just to stick in your minds that if buying a new usb stick for your car, seating from one with a slide button might be awkward to fit..

Additional, wife just wasted an hour trying to get 2 sandisk usbs to work in the loaner ...nothing! ..coincidence?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Why don't you put it in the accessible port in the glovebox?