New Chargers- Dundee

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
AGT

New Chargers- Dundee

Post by AGT »

dan_b

Re: New Chargers- Dundee

Post by dan_b »

I'm not sure about these to be honest - are 7kW public chargers in museum car parks the right charge levels for that dwell time?
And even if they are, these seem an incredibly complex design to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, and we all know the worst thing is an unreliable or out of order charger.

Hmm.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
AGT

Post by AGT »

Pass, not everywhere can get 22kW chargers on existing networks, so better than nothing I would say
Ken

Post by Ken »

dan_b wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:46 pm I'm not sure about these to be honest - are 7kW public chargers in museum car parks the right charge levels for that dwell time?
And even if they are, these seem an incredibly complex design to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, and we all know the worst thing is an unreliable or out of order charger.

Hmm.
totally agree.

My local tesco with 7kw chargers were very busy when they were free£ but not now, they are always empty.

Too many people believe that there are not enough chargers but in reality we only need chargers of the appropiate capacity in the right places eg home,work,hotels, trunk roads the rest are irrelevant with the 200ml EV being the norm.
The bigger problem is people plugging in just in case without thinking and hogging a charger.
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

My local Tesco has just added 4x 75kW PodPoints alongside its old 7kW ones - I think that's a good power charger for that type of potential dwell time - you can get a decent top up and you're able to install more units to get more cars through.

As mentioned in another thread, my local Sainsbury has also removed its old (unrelaible but free) 7kW Pod Points and has put in 8 Kempower 150kW units - they're really good too, albeit a bit spendy at 75p/kWh.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work