Isn’t it Ironic

Post by dan_b »

It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife

Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Moxi

Re: Isn’t it Ironic

Post by Moxi »

I do wonder who the main players are behind the push for Hydrogen.

I think it’s got a place in decarbonisation of the electricity grid but I don’t think it has a place in the domestic consumer setting due to it’s volatility.

Moxi
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

As posted by Dave Borlace of Just have think recently. Spoiler alert, it is an hour and a half long but thoroughly entertaining all the same....unless you are a Hydrogen fan of course.
Brilliant lecture on hydrogen by Michael Liebreich
https://www.patreon.com/posts/brilliant ... dium=email
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

The fossi fuel industry.
Moxi wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:47 pm I do wonder who the main players are behind the push for Hydrogen.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
smegal

Post by smegal »

Moxi wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:47 pm I do wonder who the main players are behind the push for Hydrogen.

I think it’s got a place in decarbonisation of the electricity grid but I don’t think it has a place in the domestic consumer setting due to it’s volatility.

Moxi
From my experience, it's people with a vested interest in keeping a centalised supply such as gas distribution network operators who'll have stranded assets, oil and gas companies etc.

For some industries (think any industry that needs lots of heat), hydrogen is pretty much essential, but it's being oversold at the moment.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Thanks,

I had a rummage on the internet and found a few papers from the Hydrogen UK group which as you say it is mostly comprised of companies with a vested interest in making Hydrogen work in the economy. I suppose that makes sense IF its their money and time that's being spent trying to develop a market for Hydrogen.

What I haven't found yet is who is providing the Government with the counter arguments to what will inevitably be a very rosy picture of the Hydrogen economy from Hydrogen UK.

Surely the \Government doesn't simply accept their findings without third party independent review ?

Moxi