Tesla to open Superchargers to other manufactures with an App

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
dan_b

Tesla to open Superchargers to other manufactures with an App

Post by dan_b »

Was wondering how they were going to do this. Easy in Europe where CCS is pretty much standard.
Understand they'll be starting in Norway, Sweden and Germany and expand on a country-by-country basis.
What isn't reported here is that this plan to open up the SuCs to other EVs that it will be backed by an increased rate of SuC deployment.

https://electrek.co/2021/07/26/elon-mus ... r-network/
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mr Gus

Re: Tesla to open Superchargers to other manufactures with an App

Post by Mr Gus »

Would anyone like to comment / gamble on this meaning SOLAR canopies to be incorporated, battery storage to deal with rush pricing at peak useage times (as an offset) & robo-assist (always keen to make a splash is Elon) a wheeled bot to plug in wheelchair bound users of the network via the tesla app?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Solar canopies? Some of the very large SuC sites in the US already have them, and we saw that Gridserve has one at its Electric Forecourt, as do I think the Fastned sites? I guess it comes down to planning?

Battery buffers - I think they will become essential at all large high power charging hubs. Again Gridserve has one at Braintree to buffer the grid draw, but their battery is also providing grid balancing services as they can charge it up with the on-site solar and discharge back to the grid if required.

Robot-assist? Unlikely. But the point about accessibility at EV charge points is a very important one and one that is currently very poorly dealt with. SSEN just released a report with Equal EV about disabled access to EV charging and there' s a lot to work on.

http://news.ssen.co.uk/news/all-article ... abilities/
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

There was video this morning of a 4 wheeler delivery bot type chassis (similar to as seen in milton keynes) that pops out & connects.

Solar canopies & battery makes sense to weatherproofing (petrol station canopy) visibility & offsetting costs, if it works in Dundee it'll work just about anywhere open.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more