Rimac takes over Bugatti

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
dan_b

Re: Rimac takes over Bugatti

Post by dan_b »

I'm with you on the flashing lights thing - they're useless for the cyclist to help seeing where you're going, and they're massively confusing for all other road users to judge distance, speed, direction and even numbers of cyclists.

I am guilty of having obnoxiously bright lights though - got 2x 1500lm Lezyne headlights - I really do like to be able to see where I'm doing in the dark.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

IF used in conjunction with a steady light to mark out the body I deem them fine compared to the one small spot that a rear red led is, front flasher NO. ..just BRIGHT BIG LIGHTING to be taken seriously as an equal.

Mid frame road side on a bike is a sensible assist for cars overtaking in my book., adds length to an otherwise black form in the night, the super bright front lights help keep the driver moving forward & give you space rather than slotting back in & placing you up their a*se in a close pass scenario.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

I've always thought a flashing light is more noticeable and grabs the attention better than a steady light, but I do agree it is better to have a steady light as well to judge the distance and closing velocity.

Speed
Blah blah blah