Motorway gantry cameras

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Bugtownboy

Re: Motorway gantry cameras

Post by Bugtownboy »

Absolutely - the matrix / variable speed limit indicators just don’t, in my experience, reflect any risk or incident the vast majority of times.

I still travel, in the minority it seems, who adheres to the indicated speed limit.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

We tend to stick within the under 80 variable on motorways as mentioned earlier but sometimes, when overtaking unsafe drivers we will / have always just done whatever speed is necessary to get out of their immediate vicinity, the TM3 & leaf make that easy.
On the whole though we drive within road limits full stop, countryside variables, obeyance, environmental, economics.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
John_S

Post by John_S »

Any speed limit within in a red circle is mandatory.
Speed limits not in a red circle are not mandatory but advisable. Some of the signs on the central reservation are like this but the gantry signs are usually red circles.
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:49 am Any speed limit within in a red circle is mandatory.
Speed limits not in a red circle are not mandatory but advisable. Some of the signs on the central reservation are like this but the gantry signs are usually red circles.
Except for the national speed limits of course which are mandatory with or without signage.
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3