Oh dear, what have I done

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Stinsy

Re: Oh dear, what have I done

Post by Stinsy »

Yeah, fill it up at the first opportunity, first day is no time for range anxiety!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Really Nowty? :shock:

There will be plenty of time for home charging but it will only be "box fresh" for one day, so enjoy it (plus you want to align the computer to your driving style to get the car to state that it is ready for Auto assist / FSD by driving some miles, ..unless you wish to put that off charge it & play to get their sooner)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

I had already decided to drive the car home via the motorway, longer distance but more chance that I can get the cameras calibrated for autosteer. Apparently a new car takes approx 25 miles to calibrate but its depends on the roads you drive it on. Dual carriageways and motorways do it quicker as the cameras need to see the clear white lane markers. Plus need to get it on the home WiFi to update the software if a new one is available.

I'll make sure the home battery is full the night before so I can start charging it immediately once I get it home.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Ours didn't take on the first day, be prepared!

In fact (as previously mentioned) the connection for one pillar camera was loose & intermittent so it couldn't satisfy it's own systems until we took it to MK a few weeks later for a polish & correction by which time we were well in excess of 1000 miles.

Small things, but not how you want to start out having splurged on FSD, others report more than 25 miles, so just go with it, it happens when it happens.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mart

Post by Mart »

Nowty, I was also told 30%, but it had just over 80% when I collected it (from Bristol).

Obviously that proves nothing, and plan for the worst, but just saying you may get lucky.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Another 30%-er here.
Picked up from Dartford, lots of new car owners puzzled by the claim of numerous chargers (presumably on multiple floors of the humungous car-park.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mart wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 am Nowty, I was also told 30%, but it had just over 80% when I collected it (from Bristol).

Obviously that proves nothing, and plan for the worst, but just saying you may get lucky.
To be fair to them, when I said only 30% ?, they did say that would be the minimum, it might have more but they do a guarantee of 30%+.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

So only a few days to go before I pick up the TM3.

But how do I get there ?

Easiest way to go in a taxi (about £25 to £30), but I thought of doing it greenish, so spent 3 hrs trying to work out the most convenient / reliable bus route. This has shown me just how poor the public transport is around here. There is a bus 5 mins walk from me but it either gets me there too late or I end up nearly 2 hrs early and then I have to get up at stupid o'clock to catch it.

Finally decided I'm going to do a 2 mile walk on some quiet roads and footpaths to get me to a place where there is a bus every 8 mins for £2 so does not matter if I miss one. That takes me to Southampton Train station and then its about a 10 min walk to the docks + probably another 10 min walk through the docks assuming I have worked out were to go within the docks.

I reckon the money I'll save on the taxi will pay for a supercharger visit and a pub lunch on the south downs. :mrgreen:

I am going to do a reccy on my electric bike tomorrow to make sure the walking route to the bus stop is viable.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mart

Post by Mart »

I bet if you put a call out on a Tesla group, that someone would give you a free lift - nice bunch of people.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Oliver90owner

Post by Oliver90owner »

Won’t the bike fit in the TM3?