The guardian wants you to write about electric & hybrid cars for it..

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mr Gus

Re: The guardian wants you to write about electric & hybrid cars for it..

Post by Mr Gus »

Desp..
The 3 different shapes of connector you typically find at a modern fast charger, thus shape matching.

It can be that simple a process to correct yourself & find the right one.
Hint chademo is heavier, weighty metal too! (compared to plastic type heads for the others).

Thus the kid & block "simplistic" analogy.

Enlarge the image & read left to right, now how humiliating & offputting is it really? likely you are on your own will say "tsk" & grab the right connector, it's not like a whole bus stop of people is watching, judging & marking your performance, & any humour is because it happens briefly to everyone & is therefore relatable.

In other news, man picks up wrong Screw bit from his100 boxed assortment.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:36 am A new Costa has been built near me. Not a High St one, a drive-through with car park and sit-in cafe. Very difficult to approach on foot. However it has no EV Charing points. None.

Why not fit a dozen 100kW chargers? They’d get customers for their £3 cups of warm milk and £1.50 chocolate muffins as well as making markup on the electric.
Because that's about a million quid's worth of charging hardware?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Sorry Gus, in my mind that comment was tongue in cheek, but I should have made it more obvious, or better still not made it.

I agree it isn't rocket science, but whether we like it or not range anxiety is a factor in many peoples minds when considering buying an EV. All I am saying is that we really need to make charging points for any car as easy to find as a petrol station and without all the app nonsense. I and I think many others want to be able to rock up to a station, pay a few quid and get some kWhrs, when that is the norm many many more people will take the plunge.

Tease derp
Blah blah blah