Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mr Gus

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Mr Gus »

I was at a museum last week, saw actual "man traps" (alongside gin traps etc) ...oof! not dainty. #assetprotection

Joe, a bill hook is easier to wield & aim true to the name of a "slasher" doesn't throw you off-weight / off-step
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:27 pm I was at a museum last week, saw actual "man traps" (alongside gin traps etc) ...oof! not dainty. #assetprotection

Joe, a bill hook is easier to wield & aim true to the name of a "slasher" doesn't throw you off-weight / off-step
With fortune this will all remain in the realm of 'what if'. Made SWMBO a log mover for the WS. Brain remained in Mad Max mode I think!

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Are you still enjoying clear blue skies and cold temperatures there JB ? Its gorgeous down here at the moment - main panels stuck firmly at 1.9kWp mobile array at a steady 250Wp.

Of course I then check tomorrows forecast and its less appealing :lol: more gales :roll:

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

would that be what I know as a poker ? as in red hot ??

I see you have had the obligatory hot ember drop out on the floor too, I once had a beautiful limestone hearth on a fire place, looked ace till the first ember hit it and then it stained - after a few months it looked like it was a relic from the 17th century :D functional though.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:34 pm would that be what I know as a poker ? as in red hot ??

I see you have had the obligatory hot ember drop out on the floor too, I once had a beautiful limestone hearth on a fire place, looked ace till the first ember hit it and then it stained - after a few months it looked like it was a relic from the 17th century :D functional though.

Moxi
A nice clear day mostly, hoping to see around 12kWh. Indeed to a poker. Upcycled from an old broomhandle in a shed corner and a bit of copper pipe along with a few of swmbo upholstery studs. :) we count the ember marks as character too!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Brilliant afternoon with the final scores on the doors being a total of 7.3kWh did you manage to get your prediction of 12KWh ?

Tea was cooked all electric as a bonus.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:59 pm Brilliant afternoon with the final scores on the doors being a total of 7.3kWh did you manage to get your prediction of 12KWh ?

Tea was cooked all electric as a bonus.

Moxi
Nah, 8.3kWh for the day. Happy enough though as I make it sttrreeettcchhhhhhh. :D

Nice one on the 7.3kWh BTW!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mart

Post by Mart »

Sliding rear hatch on Ioniq 5 that goes up over the roof, genius or insanity, I can't decide, but hatches are great for keeping the rain off you whilst you load/unload. But I have to say, so weird it's cool.

GAME CHANGER: Hyundai IONIQ 5 Sliding Rear Hatch
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Wow, cool! I think there will be significant advancements on this Hyundai platform going forward. Battery growth is already on its way (73kWh to 78kWh). My only regret is that there is no solar roof option at my time of purchase. They were on the Project45 early models then pulled for mainstream production which is a shame as i'd happily have paid to have my car sitting there reenergising slowly. Maybe next time! Any word Mart? Looking forward to seeing the Y.

I went goldpanning in the hinterlands yesterday and it felt surreal to be out and about in this luxury silent car doing country things. I love the noise the car makes so pedestrians know its there. Very low key and futuristic. Ok so not REALLY silent. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Up early as SWMBO catching 7am train to Edinburgh for day out with daughter. No1 son & I processing logs. Before starting on the logs I set the charger at 8A and chucked some power into EV It has been excellent to watch the home battery discharge rate fall away as the PV has taken up the load and we are now about 10 minutes away from topping up EV with liquid sunshine only A simple thing yet so satisfying. This evenings run in to station to collect SWMBO will be a true FF free run self generated. :ugeek:

Even though this is my reality I am literally agog that it's real and true.

Edit- click, 09.51 liquid sunshine as fuel anyone? :)
Now have to chase that 8A charging figure North as the day goes on.
10.30 13A
11.00 16A
12.00 18A 29 miles in so far, was a bit tasty on the loud pedal coming back from station. 2.9miles per kWh.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs