Jaguar about to end all vehicle production...

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
dan_b

Jaguar about to end all vehicle production...

Post by dan_b »

... in order to transform to an EV-only manufacturer and launch an entirely new, very expensive, BEV model.

https://electrek.co/2024/03/05/jaguar-k ... nsive-evs/

Guess those end of life, inventory stocked ICE cars will go for tuppence.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
richbee

Re: Jaguar about to end all vehicle production...

Post by richbee »

I thought they were just stopping all non-SUV vehicles - ie. F type, and the XE & XF?
They still make F-pace & E-pace which are ICE?

That's a different article to the one I read
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Sales of the e-Pace are dire so they're probably happy to scrap that one. (also why didn't they call the iPace the ePace?!)

The F-Pace is their "volume" seller so maybe they'll keep that one being produced the longest before switching over?

I guess it does demonstrate the reality of what legacy ICE car makers ultimately have to do. They're just biting the bullet in one shot?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
richbee

Post by richbee »

Guess they must be in fairly dire straits - to can all your existing products before you've launched any new ones is a 'bold' move - perhaps verging on the foolhardy.
I'm all for car makers to commit to the EV transition, but most seem to be gradually replacing and making all new cars EV

(I'm with you on the E-Pace and I-Pace naming)
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I’m really sad that we as a society are no longer buying anything other than dumb crossovers.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I put that down to an aging population and a disconnect of wealth.

Older folk cannot easily lower themselves into nor lever themselves out of low slung sports cars or mini compacts, its much nicer and easier to step into a car seat when you are older. I'm 54 and reasonably fit but even I would balk at climbing in and out of an original mini cooper these days (Had one in my twenties and thirties with 185 mamba wheels, the only limit to speeding around roundabouts was your ability to resist the centrifugal forces that tried to put you in the passenger seat :lol:)

Then theres the fact that in your small car you feel quite intimidated by big vans and lorries, again in the mini the view from the drivers side window was often the lower wheel nuts on an articulated lorry.

Then add in the wealth side of things, older folk generally are more likely to be able to afford to buy new cars, they are typically cross over SUV types for numerous reasons as noted above. That means the second hand market eventually becomes saturated with cross over SUV so the younger generations get our hand me downs as thats what they can afford. My generation used to drive ford orions, granadas, astras, fiestas etc because thats what I parents has stopped driving in favour of Toyota celicas and Vauxhall cavaliers. one of my lads drives a Volvo 440 estate because it had one careful owner very low milage and was a top spec for its day, the chap that sold it to him (for a song) was buying an SUV as he was "finding it hard on his hips getting in and out" of his beloved 440!

Moxi