Norway to have more EVs on the road than ICE this year

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
dan_b

Norway to have more EVs on the road than ICE this year

Post by dan_b »

We know Norway is leading the charge to EV adoption - over 90% of new vehicle sales are full BEV now.
But according to this article in Reuters, this year will see the most significant point of that curve to date, which is more total EVs on the road than legacy ICE.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 024-04-02/

Key graph extracted in case paywalls get in the way.

Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mart

Re: Norway to have more EVs on the road than ICE this year

Post by Mart »

Hi Dan, sorry to be a pain, but I was a bit shocked at that title, since I understand BEV's to be at about 25% of the Norwegian fleet. They are displacing around 5% pa, so should hit 50% before the end of this decade. Also, as BEV sales grow, from ~90% to hopefully ~100%, the displacement should grow to ~6%pa. [Edit - Oops, I see most of that info is in the article, but I do get excited sometimes, and jump the gun!]

Looking at the article title and chart, it shows BEV's overtaking petrol cars, not all ICE cars.

But still absolutely excellent news, which I will steal and use elsewhere, so sorry again to be 'that guy'. :praise:
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
dan_b

Re: Norway to have more EVs on the road than petrol this year

Post by dan_b »

Fair enough - I misread the article as all ICE but you're right it's petrol. Still a lot of diesel on their roads then.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mart

Re: Norway to have more EVs on the road than petrol this year

Post by Mart »

dan_b wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:32 pm Fair enough - I misread the article as all ICE but you're right it's petrol. Still a lot of diesel on their roads then.
It's staggering news though, all the same. Very exciting, and I have been sharing it. Thanks.
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.