CyberTrucks in Europe

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
dan_b

CyberTrucks in Europe

Post by dan_b »

Oh dear, they're here - well over there, but not as far over there as all the way over there, and unlikely to be over here any time soon, but who knows

https://www.teslarati.com/first-tesla-c ... ed-europe/
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mart

Re: CyberTrucks in Europe

Post by Mart »

I used to go to lots of American car shows in the UK. Some were huge with 1,000's of vehicles.

I remember seeing a number of Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram pickups, the full size PU, like the Cybertruck, not the smaller class like the Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux etc that UK/Europe gets.

Those trucks are massive, there used to be one in Cardiff operating as a recovery/tow truck. It was a 'dually' having a heavy duty rear axle with 4 tyres, and extended wings. Huge!
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
smegal

Post by smegal »

Tesla had one in the UK at a Manchester exhibition. Not on the road though.
richbee

Post by richbee »

Mart wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:07 am I used to go to lots of American car shows in the UK. Some were huge with 1,000's of vehicles.

I remember seeing a number of Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram pickups, the full size PU, like the Cybertruck, not the smaller class like the Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux etc that UK/Europe gets.

Those trucks are massive, there used to be one in Cardiff operating as a recovery/tow truck. It was a 'dually' having a heavy duty rear axle with 4 tyres, and extended wings. Huge!
They are almost comically large when you see them over here - but they seem to fit in perfectly when you see them in the states.

I had a very memorable taxi ride across Paris in a Dodge Ram V8 pickup a few years ago - it was like the parting of the red sea, as (even French) drivers got out of the way going round the peripherique!
The guy reckoned the almost zero maintenance made it cheap enough, even considering the fuel costs
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W