Europe looks ahead...

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mr Gus

Re: Europe looks ahead...

Post by Mr Gus »

billi wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:47 pm
Mr Gus wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:44 am Ok Billi, whatever.
thats your conclusion ? .... What ever ? about an European transport network ?
Jeez billi did lockdown affect you that much & turn you into a bitter parody of your former self,? have you been bickering hard somewhere else & have yet to decompress?
You either didn't read , or didn't understand what I was trying to get across in my posts, that's on you not me.
But well done on the degree of potential forum harmony disruption in so few posts.

Some months ago I misconstrued a post by desp due to the absence of a "smilie" ..however I get the sense that a smilie would not help your actual way of writing & meaning, although I prefer to keep looking.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
billi

Post by billi »

no Gus , never was reading your posts completely , i did not change that habit over the years , as not coming to a point
so tell me in short words (than i will read) what your opinions are on a European traffic network as you did already , but proofed false

Not going to happen for a long time billi, 2015 migrant stream breaking down fences & demanding entry marked a massive change point in European psyche in so many ways.
The Eu's actions on Poland's border gathering is waiting to be seen, & either way will end badly within an already fractured society under financial stress because it will cause anger every which way.locally & internationally.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

billi wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:39 pm guess those numbers are simple to understand makes sense to me to move away from the individual car transport solution and concentrate on a good network of public transport ideas to reduce the amount of cars

That is a very informative graphic, thanks, and it ought to drive all decisions on transport policy - except that unfortunately we haven't got one in the UK!
When you put it together with the proportions of journeys that could be walked in 5 minutes (high) or walked in 15/cycled in 5 (even higher) - and then consider the health benefits that would follow on too from a real push to achieve a modal shift it makes it our government's lack of action all the more inexplicable. (I would say negligent.)
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stig

Post by Stig »

ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:52 pm In the UK we have reopened 2 lines in the last yr? and pre Covid the railways were busier than they have ever been. Our East coast line is at full capacity and hence HS2. The only thing that is better? about EU lines is that the taxpayer is willing to subsize them and the UK is not.
Why should I as a taxpayer subsidise someone living 100 miles from theor job commute ?? if you want London money live in london.
Will you subsidise my country wages cos i dont live in London ??
George
1600w Vertical PV micro inverters
2000w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Taxpayers don't have money, it's GOVT money. The government and commercial banks (under license from the GOVT) create money and paying tax destroys it again, look at the BOE website for how money works. Don't fall for that "the country/taxpayers can't afford it" bullshit please.

He can explain it a lot better than I can.

Desp
Blah blah blah
billi

Post by billi »

well do i mind that much , or should i get angry now or maybe i am stubid not to take the upto 9000 Euro subsidies offered for a E-car or worth a plug in hybrid now here in Germany ....

Why on earth do i not get that too , for having no car and needing none ? As i walk , cycle and use public transport or occasionally share a car that stands idle ....

While i am writing , i question myself in asking .... am i a team player or a single striker ...

But every person can get that subsidize for a car !!! The average usage is 1.5 person per car even it can occupy 5 so basically all the society are funding luxury goods , and an new electric car is one of them , beyond 35000 Euro to travel around the countryside as 1.and a half men ....

Anyway basically all is to get back to society and community and try to built a network for all , if there is a grant scheme for individual transport , than no question or doubt should be raised for support of public transport

billi
Oliver90owner

Post by Oliver90owner »

I now regret ‘waking up’ this thread. My view is still of the USE, rather than individual countries - ‘country’ reduced to ‘state’. I should, in retrospect, have left the thread to fall off the radar.

While I live in a town and can catch the poor bus service, there are many who live rurally where public-funded transport would be horrendously expensive, if effective.

Those in cities can likely do without transport. Those in Holland can likely do much with bicycles (because of the terrain). All situations are not the same. We have to get used to it. We use our cars as minimally as possible but some personal transport is necessary, so we pay for that.

I can’t see the USofE ever happening - unless by stealth, like this.