Suggestions?

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
AE-NMidlands

Re: Suggestions?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Yes, thanks Galahad
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Ken

Post by Ken »

I had great difficulty registering because of that question you ask. Why you think everybody is crossword expert or even understand the subject referred to. I had absolutely no idea what you were on about and only someone on another forum provided the answer. Not the best marketing tactic.
Ken
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Unfortunately it's the only solution I have found that makes applications from Russian and Chinese addresses manageable, even after banning many foreign email addresses.

If you google camelot, python and idle then the answer is right there without the danger of being glaringly obvious.

(BTW, there are currently 687 IP addresses blocked after attempting to hack in to the server in the past 24 hours. Running a web server and keeping it secure isn't straight-forward these days.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Galahad, appreciate the work involved although maybe a little more now from that explanation. Thanks for that, top man! Can we have a genuflect emoj? You just earned 1st use for sure.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Galahad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:09 pm (BTW, there are currently 687 IP addresses blocked after attempting to hack in to the server in the past 24 hours. Running a web server and keeping it secure isn't straight-forward these days.)
Holy carp Galahad !, please don't get run over by a bus or anything ! :o

Probably why my investment in Darktrace (first at-scale deployment of AI in cybersecurity) is up around 100% from its IPO only a few months ago. Also bought Avast around the same time and thats now being taken over by Norton. :D
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Burble61

Post by Burble61 »

Understand the issues re admin/moderation of forums - i’m a mod on an investment board elsewhere… like herding cats sometimes :D

One request - might be due to just being on iphone atm - but i can’t respond to a PM. Message comes up “not authorised to send PMs”.

So a request and a suggestion…. If its not just a mobile-access issue, can i be allowed ability to send/reply to PMs please & might it be worth setting up an “IT & admin board” for such issues to be highlighted?

Thanks!

B61
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

That sounds odd - I'll take a look.

[edit]

For some reason your user permission was still on 'Newly Registered' which limits PM functions. So I've reset you to 'Standard' and hope that fixes it. Just logout and back in again to make sure they take effect for you.

I'll trawl through all other users to check if anyone else has the same issue but this may have just been something related to the date you joined as I was still fiddling with permission settings back then to get them the way I wanted them.
Burble61

Post by Burble61 »

Great thankyou!
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Is there a way to do multiple quotes in 1 reply? I am replying to 2 in succession at the moment...
I wonder about starting 2 in different tabs, then cutting and pasting 1 into the other and deleting the unwanted one!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Yes you can. You just need to figure out the syntax!

Few quotes below:
AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:44 pm Is there a way to do multiple quotes in 1 reply? I am replying to 2 in succession at the moment...
I wonder about starting 2 in different tabs, then cutting and pasting 1 into the other and deleting the unwanted one!
A
Burble61 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:33 pmGreat thankyou!
Galahad wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:19 am That sounds odd - I'll take a look.

[edit]

For some reason your user permission was still on 'Newly Registered' which limits PM functions. So I've reset you to 'Standard' and hope that fixes it. Just logout and back in again to make sure they take effect for you.

I'll trawl through all other users to check if anyone else has the same issue but this may have just been something related to the date you joined as I was still fiddling with permission settings back then to get them the way I wanted them.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)