Suggestions?

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
Galahad

Re: Suggestions?

Post by Galahad »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 am Suggetion:

A links page whereby useful thread links (& a bit of site context) can be utilised.
Very useful for brain whalloped folk like me & those whose pc's are clogged / in decline.
If I'm understanding this correctly there is already a feature of phpBB that allows you to do something similar to this using bookmarks. They are not the normal browser bookmarks but bookmarks that are just links within the forum.

To use them first navigate to the topic you want to mark and then click on the spanner icon next to 'Post Reply' and from the drop-down you can select 'Bookmark topic'.

Then to get back to one of the bookmarked topics you just go to your User Control Panel, by clicking your username and selecting that option, and then you should see a list of all the topics you have bookmarked under the 'Manage bookmarks' tab. Clicking on one will take you straight to that topic.
Attachments
bookmark.png
bookmark.png (27.78 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I can't get PMs to leave my outbox. Is there a "send" button somewhere?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

It is a bit non-intuitive but "outbox" just means the other person hasn't read it yet. It has gone...
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)