Hello.

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
Snuggy

Hello.

Post by Snuggy »

New here, trying to navigate the shark infested waters of getting a pv system installed. Have been at it 6 weeks already and getting near :whako: .Hoping for pointers. Anybody in Surrey with recent experience of install?
Fintray

Re: Hello.

Post by Fintray »

Welcome to the forum Snuggy, sorry I can't help with installer recommendations for Surrey.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Welcome!

Look up So Go Solar - they installed my home array and our work system - Ben is a top bloke very thorough.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Snuggy

Post by Snuggy »

Thanks, will take a look.
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Hi Snuggy and welcome. Good luck with PV it took me ages to sort through all the wrinkles but with the help of those who had been before I made it through and haven't looked back since. It's a good time to search with panels and battery's being at an all time low so fingers crossed you will arrive at a sensible qutotation before long.
richbee

Post by richbee »

Hi and welcome - its definitely worth doing your homework so you can weed out potentially dodgy or just crap firms.
I had mine fitted by a firm from Doncaster (they drove the 3 hours up to Northumberland - but the list of problems, mistakes a delays could fill a small book!!)
I'm really pleased with it now - after lots of advice on here, adding an extra battery, going on to Octopus FLux tariff and now a few extra self-fitted panels.....
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W