Long time no see

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
Moxi

Re: Long time no see

Post by Moxi »

Ha ha I wish I could put some of the forum names to their predecessor names in the old place but for the life of me I just can't.

moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:18 am No Dan, you are not alone, I didn't get banned but I did get a hand slap once for heated political arguing (I thought debate?) :D

As I think this forum has shown for the most part we are self policing and able to enjoy a healthy flow of debate and opinions :D

Moxi
Approaching year two anniversary 💕!

So far we have had one ban with the given caveat that he could come back in a couple of months on the naughty step and a good calming down (he didn't). One Dutch uncle chat to explain how it is here and one further person has either died or made a New Year's resolution to stay away. Which is a shame as his input was great.

Almost 300 members and who knows how many guests who use the experience base generated here on their own journeys? Well done to all of you who frequent and especially those who contribute. Good on Ye!
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:28 pm Approaching year two anniversary 💕!

So far we have had one ban with the given caveat that he could come back in a couple of months on the naughty step and a good calming down (he didn't). One Dutch uncle chat to explain how it is here and one further person has either died or made a New Year's resolution to stay away. Which is a shame as his input was great.

Almost 300 members and who knows how many guests who use the experience base generated here on their own journeys? Well done to all of you who frequent and especially those who contribute. Good on Ye!
Nearly two years already! How time flies. :o
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Two good years of learning for me and a big thanks to all here for that, along with the laughs and the banter.

Moxi
Sunrisemike

Post by Sunrisemike »

Great to see that the "morph" is almost complete. It is more than 15 years since I started following the other forum. I hope the whole story can be told one day. What happened to Ivan??

Mike
Off grid.
3.9 kw solar panels
6 x solar collectors
40 kWh rolls batteries
Orligno wood gasification boiler
2000 litre storage tank
Lister generator...
smegal

Post by smegal »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:28 pm
Moxi wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:18 am No Dan, you are not alone, I didn't get banned but I did get a hand slap once for heated political arguing (I thought debate?) :D

As I think this forum has shown for the most part we are self policing and able to enjoy a healthy flow of debate and opinions :D

Moxi

What happened to OGB? I liked his posts. There just seemed to be some friction between him and other members.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

smegal wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:21 am
Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:28 pm

Moxi

What happened to OGB? I liked his posts. There just seemed to be some friction between him and other members.
'one further person has either died or made a New Year's resolution to stay away. Which is a shame as his input was great.'

I asked him on the open forum if he was a god botherer. I did this as his style had become much more judgemental of others of late and seemed to be ramping up.. He signed off a few days after that on Hogmanay. Which is a shame as he could have just said 'yes I am' to which I would have requested he wind it back in a bit. I have no idea if that interaction was the cause for his departure, I hope not.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

"ardently green" is a term I suppose I ought use rather than accuse anyone of being fanatical (too many by association bad connotations there)

Of which old Martin (st elsewhere was, & he used to really sound the klaxon & fist pound green ideology & pace of planet **** up, which I understand, but you do have to rein it in)

It is just as easy to be nigh on fanatical as it is to be deemed fanatical about anything vaguely green related (that whole wide & varied portfolio)

I'm not religious & hate the oft pious nature of some churchy cliques, but there is also no doubting the generosity of many church orientated souls either, I'd hope no offence taken if I were to use the term god botherer or sandal squad (et al) if it is someone with whom we have racked up hundreds of posts across this forum, to be taken as inquisitive humour when you cannot look them in the eye for the genuinely humourous intent to be clear.

Can't be as bad as "fricar the vicar" who used to mow the grass in Gairloch whilst lugging a big old bible around with him, "BIG" ..he missed ordering the chains across the road at the weekends i'll bet.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
GarethC

Post by GarethC »

Oh chaps, I'm not religious myself, and haven't seen thread in question, but -please- let's not use phrases like 'god-botherer' even if in jest. People's religion is important to them and I can easily understand that causing offence. I do reckon references to religion should be off limits all round on the forum.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

GarethC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:13 pm Oh chaps, I'm not religious myself, and haven't seen thread in question, but -please- let's not use phrases like 'god-botherer' even if in jest. People's religion is important to them and I can easily understand that causing offence. I do reckon references to religion should be off limits all round on the forum.
I'm not into the whole imaginary friend thing myself and don't judge those that are. If it works for ye, don't use it as a moral perch to dump from and it gives life structure go for it but I will call it as I see it on peoples behaviour and there was nothing offensive said to OGB although he had a fair crack at misconstruing. Personally and for the phrase 'god botherer' If he's up there, you're bothering him on a daily basis and i'm sure he's keeping count, if he's not what's the big problem? Wear it as a badge of honour. 😉
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs