Hi from Bath

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
BISFBath

Hi from Bath

Post by BISFBath »

Hi, Bath here. I have 4.8 kW of PV, SSW facing, with two Growatt ML33RTA batteries, thinking of adding another or maybe two. Signed up for Ripple's Kirk Hill wind farm and looking forward to that coming online. I've also done some fairly low tech insulation of our house.
Mr Gus

Re: Hi from Bath

Post by Mr Gus »

Was it the ripple mega thread that gave us away? :lol:

Welcome, nowty willl be pleased, ..& updating his list as we speak.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Welcome onboard Bath. :)
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 pm ……………nowty willl be pleased, ..& updating his list as we speak.
I have quite a few updates to do, I’ll have to try a remote access to my Microsoft cloud for future travels.

Welcome BISFBath, how much Kirk Hill did you buy, are you buying any Derril Water and have you got an EV, PM me if you want.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Welcome BISFBath,

Have you lurked as a guest for a while or are you fresh to the forum ?

Moxi
BISFBath

Post by BISFBath »

nowty wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:22 am
Mr Gus wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 pm ……………nowty willl be pleased, ..& updating his list as we speak.
I have quite a few updates to do, I’ll have to try a remote access to my Microsoft cloud for future travels.

Welcome BISFBath, how much Kirk Hill did you buy, are you buying any Derril Water and have you got an EV, PM me if you want.
Thanks!

I bought 4400 kWh/year of Kirk Hill as our consumption was roughly 4000 kWh/year, but I'm expecting our grid import to more than halve now we have the PV and batts, so I'm not sure how that will work out.

I don't have an EV (yet) partly because of cost and partly because I don't have off-street parking. My front garden is high up above the road and I'm pretty sure the council wouldn't allow me to dig it out to make a driveway as none of the other ~100 houses on the road have that. But it's nearly always possible to park outside, so I'm waiting to hear more about the council's trial of using a gully across the pavement for the cable. I'd be a bit apprehensive of vandalism though because that's quite a thing round here.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

We have a thread on the 1 metre gully strip, at £1000+ it is very expensive product versus paperwork ratio.

& you may wish to push your council to do better, parkig on the road is still blocking traffic movement, the council ought to address this for growth & clear, safe traffic movement rather than bury heads in sand.

Wonder how much the other option is for a whole of street project rather than individually!?

Modern housing? ..even more responsibility to do the right thing if foresight failed to take into consideration shift to new tech.

In my old village I see lots of ev cables crossing the high street, so I think the village councillors are going to insist on a single bit of paperwork by the council for the benefit of the village as a whole.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

To explain, Nowty is in exotic climes currently.

Nowty counts members renewable production, storage et al , including ev battery as an included form., you mayhave seen the thread we allude to.

(no prizes, just collective heft)
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
BISFBath

Post by BISFBath »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:35 pm We have a thread on the 1 metre gully strip, at £1000+ it is very expensive product versus paperwork ratio.

& you may wish to push your council to do better, parkig on the road is still blocking traffic movement, the council ought to address this for growth & clear, safe traffic movement rather than bury heads in sand.

Wonder how much the other option is for a whole of street project rather than individually!?

Modern housing? ..even more responsibility to do the right thing if foresight failed to take into consideration shift to new tech.

In my old village I see lots of ev cables crossing the high street, so I think the village councillors are going to insist on a single bit of paperwork by the council for the benefit of the village as a whole.
I'll see what the council are doing. The housing is late 1940s council so little to no provision was made for parking. They've added more outside flats, but where there are individual houses there's enough room on street so I doubt anything will happen, especially as the road is a dead end and the council won't want to encourage more road traffic.

No Derril as I've probably got too much Kirk Hill now I've got solar. I did put a bit of money into Bath and West Community Energy which mainly goes into installing PV, but it' not to buy a specific share,
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

If your garden is suitably high why not cantilever a cable runner above pavement and head height level and drop vertically to the EV car parked, roadside ? It needn't be permanent just hung out when charging and retracted at all other times.

Just an idea that might suit your location.

Moxi