Hi from Bath

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
BISFBath

Re: Hi from Bath

Post by BISFBath »

Moxi wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:15 pm If your garden is suitably high why not cantilever a cable runner above pavement and head height level and drop vertically to the EV car parked, roadside ? It needn't be permanent just hung out when charging and retracted at all other times.

Just an idea that might suit your location.

Moxi
Someone down the road actually did something just like that. They strung a commando type cable through a small tree in the front garden to a van. I don't know why they needed a power supply to the van as it isn't an EV. I haven't seen them do it for quite a while, maybe the council told them to stop.

I'd probably be OK with using some safety matting during the day, I don't think I'd do it at night though.
BISFBath

Post by BISFBath »

Moxi wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:49 am Welcome BISFBath,

Have you lurked as a guest for a while or are you fresh to the forum ?

Moxi

Nope, new here.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I've seen it done on a van as well, in that instance it was a butchers van and he plugged in nightly to run the freezers and chillers and \I know some trades plug in to charge up tools etc.

Again welcome on board, we have a diverse group with lots of differing views and styles but we are all keen homebrew energy enthusiasts

Moxi
smegal

Post by smegal »

Moxi wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:15 pm If your garden is suitably high why not cantilever a cable runner above pavement and head height level and drop vertically to the EV car parked, roadside ? It needn't be permanent just hung out when charging and retracted at all other times.

Moxi
This looks an interesting option

https://chargearm.com/en/
BISFBath

Post by BISFBath »

smegal wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:04 am

Moxi
Thanks! Not sure the council would like that! Mainly I'm waiting for prices of second hand EVs to come down a bit more. Charging is secondary.

BISFBath

Post by BISFBath »

BISFBath wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:08 pm
smegal wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:04 am

Moxi

Thanks! Not sure the council would like that! Mainly I'm waiting for prices of second hand EVs to come down a bit more. Charging is secondary.