Hi!

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
ExiledTyke

Hi!

Post by ExiledTyke »

Morning all. Only just found my way here from a recommendation although I know a few will recognise me from other boards.

As my name suggests I'm in Yorkshire with 3.6kW of panels a 6.3 kWh battery, a PHEV on the way (not practical for me to go full BEV yet) (but the Zappi is already installed and working) and a small investment in the latest two Ripple projects.

Looking forward to some interesting discussions and learning at lot! :)
Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
Solax 6.3kWh battery
Derril Water. 0.254 kW
Kirk Hill. 0.832 kW
Joeboy

Re: Hi!

Post by Joeboy »

Welcome to the space ET, We are keeping a running tally of members RE gen and Ripple too. You may wish to PM Nowty some details as he is keeper of the list.

https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... &start=170
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Welcome to the forum.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I always think of Tyke as being a term still kicking in Geordie-land. (the origin is old norse, depending on application refers to a bitch (as in female dog) cur, lazy man,.. so watch out if tw@ts like Boris Johnson use it, it will likely not be so affectionately meant

Etymologically speaking it has a wide & varied history, but works for me as an affectionate put down.

Which reminds me, I had completely forgotten about "inky fool" website, time to read the etymologicon again.

Welcome E.T,
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Welcome to the Round Table!
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
ExiledTyke

Post by ExiledTyke »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:45 am I always think of Tyke as being a term still kicking in Geordie-land. (the origin is old norse, depending on application refers to a bitch (as in female dog) cur, lazy man,.. so watch out if tw@ts like Boris Johnson use it, it will likely not be so affectionately meant

Etymologically speaking it has a wide & varied history, but works for me as an affectionate put down.

Which reminds me, I had completely forgotten about "inky fool" website, time to read the etymologicon again.

Welcome E.T,
Perhaps I put myself down too much. And yes you are correct it's usage increases the further North you get.

"tyke
in British English
or tike (taɪk IPA Pronunciation Guide )
NOUN
1. a dog, esp a mongrel
2. informal
a small or cheeky child: used esp in affectionate reproof
3. British dialect
a rough ill-mannered person
4. Also called: Yorkshire tyke British slang, often offensive
a person from Yorkshire
5. Australian offensive, slang
a Roman Catholic
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers"

E.T. also works nicely - thank you.
Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
Solax 6.3kWh battery
Derril Water. 0.254 kW
Kirk Hill. 0.832 kW
Mart

Post by Mart »

Hiya ET. Sorry for the late hello, completly missed this thread somehow.

Glad to see you on Camelot too, now.
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Mart wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:35 pm Hiya ET. Sorry for the late hello, completly missed this thread somehow.

Glad to see you on Camelot too, now.
S'funny, I missed you too ET, so welcome indeed.
I had been rather occupied on matters elsewhere lately, but at least the PC has now been given a clean bill of health, not to mention an upgrade, so will :D hopefully keep me in touch with everyone for a while longer as yet!
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

ExiledTyke wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:21 am Morning all. Only just found my way here from a recommendation although I know a few will recognise me from other boards.

As my name suggests I'm in Yorkshire with 3.6kW of panels a 6.3 kWh battery, a PHEV on the way (not practical for me to go full BEV yet) (but the Zappi is already installed and working) and a small investment in the latest two Ripple projects.

Looking forward to some interesting discussions and learning at lot! :)
Hi, I’m interested in your thinking with the PHEV.

I’ve had a few PHEVs and for a while thought they were the perfect solution to those who couldn’t afford a big-battery BEV. All your local errands are done on electric and the car can still effortlessly do long journeys (unlike LEAF/Zoe/eGolf type 100-mile BEVs which make long journeys a feat of endurance). The cheapest, used, big-battery BEV was £35k not very long ago while you could buy a PHEV for £10-15k.

However things have changed! A used 64kWh Kona can be had for less than £15k and there are a load of used iD3s and Teslas in the 15-20K price range. These are completely capable BEVs that can do long journeys without missing a beat. I took my iD4 on our family holiday to Cornwall the other week and it was embarrassingly simple. 1x 10-min charge in each direction and charged once while we were down there. Absolutely zero drama. Frankly no need for the car to have that much range, I’d have been perfectly happy with 2x 15-20 min charges.

While I’m not selling our Golf GTE anytime soon, I’m struggling to understand why people still buy PHEVs now BEVs are so capable and affordable.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)