Hello

Introductions

Please introduce yourself. This lets other members know who you are, we try to be a friendly community. It also helps to keep the forum free from spam bots by proving you are human (or at least sentient).
Letthesunshine

Re: Hello

Post by Letthesunshine »

I could live with 0.6kWh per day import which is what Powervault tells me... but Octopus tells me 3kWh per day and they're the ones billing me!
Andy
4kW PV
Solarboost
8kWh Powervault battery
12kW ASHP
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

Looks like you have the meter issue. My figures come from the Octopus Mini and the main app.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Letthesunshine wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:23 pm I could live with 0.6kWh per day import which is what Powervault tells me... but Octopus tells me 3kWh per day and they're the ones billing me!
That IS excessive. Have you contacted Octopus and asked them to change the meter out? I'd be interested to hear how that goes and how they will rebate you when its proved faulty? My last 3 days have now been around or less than 0.6kWh per day. Looking at the posts we all seem to be there or thereabouts.
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

To be fair to Octopus I've had issues getting a Smart Meter installed but with a lot of kicking to Greg's complaints team they all got sorted. My phone died and I contacted Octopus for the Mini setup instructions and they were slow to get back to me before a new phone turned, when I reloaded the Octopus main app on the new phone the Mini was also there. Because they thought they were too slow responding I got a £30 credit on my account without asking.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

For a bit of context a gas / oil pilot light is...

"Various sources report that a gas pilot light burns from 5 to 12 therms of a gas per month depending on the particular appliance and how the pilot is adjusted."

This site if you wish to deep dive & convert (it's american, so $ calculations)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Stig

Post by Stig »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:04 pm For a bit of context a gas / oil pilot light is...

"Various sources report that a gas pilot light burns from 5 to 12 therms of a gas per month depending on the particular appliance and how the pilot is adjusted."

This site if you wish to deep dive & convert (it's american, so $ calculations)
And to give a figure in units I understand, the pilot light in my central heating uses about 3kWhr a day - that's why I shut it off during the summer (and then play the 'how late can I hold off relighting it' game in the autumn).
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I haven’t seen a boiler with a pilot light for at least a decade, maybe two!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Stinsy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:06 am I haven’t seen a boiler with a pilot light for at least a decade, maybe two!
some of us have them a lot older than that! Apart from the cost of the pilot light there is almost nothing to go wrong on them (touch wood.)
Ours has had one new mains-to-24V transformer in 40 years... it is living on borrowed time though!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!