St Elsewhere Emoji's

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Galahad

Re: St Elsewhere Emoji's

Post by Galahad »

Not so fast - looks like face palm isn't working. I missed a critical hyphen. Just fixing it. :facepalm:
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

:xx:

Moxi
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Excellent. :)
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Top man!

:praise:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
GarethC

Post by GarethC »

Navitron seems like a long time ago. What a thriving replacement.

greenbuildingforum is having issues because the software is over 10 years old and the current host doesn't seem contactable. I hope they can find a way to migrate. Another forum that would be a sad loss.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I used to be a member at greenbuildingforum many years ago.

From a cursory look it seems they have a couple of issues:

1. mixed http and https in use. There are fairly simple browser security settings that can be made to remove the issue; e.g. in Firefox under Tools - Setting - Privacy & Security - there is a HTTPS-Only Mode feature. This can be set globally to 'Don't enable HTTPS-Only mode' or if 'Enable' is globally set then you can add the specific web-site as an exception by clicking the 'Manage Exceptions' button.

Of course the best solution is for the website to be aligned without the mixed content, but there maybe valid reasons for that not being possible at the moment. It's a bit of a pig's ear the way it is at present.

2. The software package used for the forum (Vanilla 1.0.3 looks like this is more than 10 years old - the latest is 4.0 but even that looks like it has stalled in 2021) is not widely supported and appears to be relying on a very old version of PHP (a web server scripting language, used by us as well but we have a more up-to-date version). That may become unsupportable at some point in time (depending on where the server is hosted), and the only solution there would be to migrate to a different forum package. How much of the existing data, if any, could be moved would need some investigation.
GarethC

Post by GarethC »

Thanks for checking it out. There's some discussion of migrating, but no one as yet seems inclined to take that bull by the horns. Attempts to get in touch with the administrator are getting nowhere, to the extent that I'm a bit worried about him. A crying shame if it were to disappear. The first sustainability forum I ever joined.