Findhorn green village

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Joeboy

Findhorn green village

Post by Joeboy »

We were up paying our respects at the natural burial ground in Findhorn this morning. It is within a Green village. A few house photos..

19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Re: Findhorn green village

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I would love to be closer to that place and to have been able to visit, they have been ahead of the curve (i.e. most of the UK population) ever since they established it.
By coincidence a repeat of Portillo's old rail journey tv programmes showed his visit in the last few days. Quite nostalgic. I have to make do with occasional trips to Machynlleth - and keeping up to speed on here!
A

(and I'm on the lookout for natural burial ground that the people I would want to come can get to without too much inconvenience!) There's a cheerful thought...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

That whole area wide has its own vibe. It is very, very nice indeed, big skies. The eco village itself is excellent. There are all sorts of properties from burst looking converted portacabin, sheds, shacks, yurts, cottages in stone, timer ashp's wbs's and properties all the way up to stunning looking Austrian style stone and timber alpine chalets. There is a caravan site too and I'm planning going back up in the Bongo next couple of weeks for a couple of days. Wouldn't mind getting involved in a woodwork workshop...

I'm going to book my slot at Cothiemuir natural soon, twin slots. Just the reality of living I suppose... :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

The ecovillage is a great place to visit, we stayed at the caravan site next to it back in July 2008.
The picture below shows the last house in Joes post just before it was completed.

The village wind turbines.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: ↑Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:43 pm The ecovillage is a great place to visit, we stayed at the caravan site next to it back in July 2008.
The picture below shows the last house in Joes post just before it was completed.

The village wind turbines.

That is excellent Ian, thank you 😊
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:36 pm
I'm going to book my slot at Cothiemuir natural soon, twin slots. Just the reality of living I suppose... :D
I hope it's a long time before you move in :xx:
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: ↑Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:05 pm
Aye pal, me too! Bit of a day today as we were visiting SWMBO's Sister. There but for the grace etc...

SWMBO can basically get away with anything now in my eyes. Luckily.she is heading out to Turkey next week to drink the village dry of Gin with her chum and run up an enormous bar tab at my pub. :xl:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:12 pm
Aye pal, me too! Bit of a day today as we were visiting SWMBO's Sister. There but for the grace etc...

SWMBO can basically get away with anything now in my eyes. Luckily.she is heading out to Turkey next week to drink the village dry of Gin with her chum and run up an enormous bar tab at my pub. :xl:
Makes you think that you really need to make the most of and enjoy everyday despite what you may have to do.

Tell Mrs I to have a great time in Turkey. :D
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: ↑Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:46 pm
Joeboy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:12 pm

Makes you think that you really need to make the most of and enjoy everyday despite what you may have to do.

Tell Mrs I to have a great time in Turkey. :D
Message passed on, she said mmn nice, immediately followed by how's he know I'm going? πŸ˜‰ :D

Thank you so very much for that. Today was seismic underfoot and tbh completely unexpected. No worries though, she's now watching amusing horse videos online oblivious and I'm just overjoyed that she's above ground. As I say, seismic. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs