Smart meter

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Stinsy

Smart meter

Post by Stinsy »

After 18 months of waiting and periodic emails to Octopus customer service, the Mrs finally ran out of patience and rang Octopus. We now have an install date for a smart meter so will be able to charge the house batteries/charge the PHEV/time shift appropriate loads via the GO Faster tariff.

It seems that Octopus likes to deal with email enquiries with zero-effort, copy-paste responses, if you want something done, call them!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Re: Smart meter

Post by nowty »

Octopus used to have a policy of an email reply within 2 or 3 hours to avoid you needing to phone them and in the early days they certainly did that. But I sent an email to them on behalf of my fathers new account with them and its been a couple of weeks and I don't think a reply is coming.
16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

While we did get our emails replied to, we just got BS “because COVID” responses. A conversation with a real person uncovered the fact that we’d fallen between the cracks and was quickly resolved. I wonder how long ago the issue would have been resolved if the people manning the email had actually bothered looking into the issue?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mojomal

Post by Mojomal »

We requested a smart meter from Octopus 18 months ago but because of covid we didnt bother chaseing them. On Monday evening I emailed asking for an update for installation. Yesterday morning (Tuesday) I received an email from Octopus asking me to call them after 4pm today to book an installation date which I did. Installation for our new smart meter will be carried out tomorrow (Thursday). Mind you in might not work as we live out in the sticks...
20 x 58 tube Solar Thermal Myenergi Eddie 200 l cylinder
3.9 kW solar PV SMA
3.1 kW solar PV Solar edge
Tesla Powerwall 2
1500W Craig Fatha
640W Kirk Hill
EV 83.9 kWh and Zappi
Clearview woodburner and chainsaw
Keeper of bees for 48 years
Mojomal

Post by Mojomal »

Well at 10 this morning a very polite young Octopus smart meter installer arrived and just over an hour later we had our smart meter up and running. It will take about 2 weeks before we can be moved to the Octopus "GO" tariff which I hope will enable us to charge our battery during the winter months at the 5p rate during the night.
20 x 58 tube Solar Thermal Myenergi Eddie 200 l cylinder
3.9 kW solar PV SMA
3.1 kW solar PV Solar edge
Tesla Powerwall 2
1500W Craig Fatha
640W Kirk Hill
EV 83.9 kWh and Zappi
Clearview woodburner and chainsaw
Keeper of bees for 48 years