One bed semi detached bungalow for sale Aberdeenshire.

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Tay

Re: One bed semi detached bungalow for sale Aberdeenshire.

Post by Tay »

Fintray wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:33 am Totally inappropriate, where's the PV? That roof should be covered :o
Some of us have dreams about roofs like that ^^
PV 1.1kWh
Victron Multiplus 8K II 48v/100A + Victron 150/35 & 250/60 charge controller + lynx 1000
CerboGX, 25kW Pylontech batteries
Octopus Agile - Cheaper Battery Charging
Another 2.3kWh on the horizon - ground mount + 4x575's
gregors

Post by gregors »

The design looks good, but 40 square meters is just for my dog, very small.

Good luck with the sales!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

gregors wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:18 am The design looks good, but 40 square meters is just for my dog, very small.

You have a very lucky dog in that case, my cottage is approx 84m square over two storeys and that’s home to five people two cats and three dogs and we don’t have any problems with space.

As with most things different people need/ want different things. There will be plenty of folk interested I am sure.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:59 am
gregors wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:18 am The design looks good, but 40 square meters is just for my dog, very small.

You have a very lucky dog in that case, my cottage is approx 84m square over two storeys and that’s home to five people two cats and three dogs and we don’t have any problems with space.

As with most things different people need/ want different things. There will be plenty of folk interested I am sure.

Moxi
Thanks Moxi, I love the way people view things differently. I'm pissing myself laughing at Gregors who in his first post has managed to appear as an arrogant t*t and also insult one of my homes. Hopefully his dog will be along soon with Gregors cash and has better communication skills. What a guy! :lol:

Very quiet up here for viewings, all the dogs must be on holiday. Been raining all night and only 600W incoming from PV. Gregors dog will have better on his doghouse I repeat, what a guy! :lol:
19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mart

Post by Mart »

Joeboy, that's not a small bathroom, this is a small bathroom!

Our dog and cats are jealous, since we have a 1930's 3 bed semi, but I just measured our bathroom and it's 2m by 1.77m ..... so you are spoiling people. Or we wuz robbed! In fairness, it's no longer a bathroom, as we changed it to a shower room.

My mum (who lived nearby in an almost identical property, built same time, to the same approx floorplan), always went on how jealous she was of the space we had inside the front door, before the stairs, as they only had about 4ft. But I pointed out that by pushing the stairs back ~2ft, it meant our bathroom was only 6ft deep, v's their's at 8ft.

You can't have it all ..... where would you put it? [Steven Wright.]
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

We have owned the property for 10yrs+ and we had a vague plan to downsize into it and build an extension as the garden is large. I had planned a wrapround extension with integrated garage. Now done too much here and grown used to the space. :roll:

It has decent double glazing and deep insulation. I reckon its a good candidate for a small inverter type air to air HP by the new owner. The advantage of the smaller space would then be apparent.

I've been looking at CPS bathrooms for a Winter project here. Going to redo the downstairs bathroom completely, bath out, walk in shower in. Will insulate as far as I can get to too while the floor is up.

Over 2kW incoming now. that'll do! WBS is on, does anyone have actual Summer outside their door? Any photos? :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:29 am Over 2kW incoming now. that'll do! WBS is on, does anyone have actual Summer outside their door? Any photos? :D
Think positive, you'll not have to water any plants in the garden... :roll:

Tatties are doing well!
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mart

Post by Mart »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:29 am
It has decent double glazing and deep insulation. I reckon its a good candidate for a small inverter type air to air HP by the new owner. The advantage of the smaller space would then be apparent.
I started to mention that, but wasn't sure if I was taking the thread of course, so deleted.

Adokforme is the guy to ask about that, as he's converted his wet GCH bungalow to just 2 A2A units, and is doing similar on another smaller one now. So long as doors can be left open (or closed) then a single A2A unit is a really easy solution for a small property.

Hoping to make even more use of our two this winter, to see if we can drive down the GCH use even further. [Gas consumption now ~6,000kWh pa, including DHW and oven.]
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:29 amWBS is on, does anyone have actual Summer outside their door? Any photos? :D
Has been mixed here - pic was a couple of weeks ago.

Haven’t been around too much as we’ve done a sort of European tour - last stop, for now, was Copenhagen. Our first visit and very impressed.

We’ve been lucky as everywhere we’ve been has had belting weather - 25-27o and sunny in Copenhagen.

Been cold this week, we almost lit the WBS on Thursday night but resisted.

Not too bad today - Rib Eye on the BBQ this afternoon. Forecast for next week is looking good - sunshine and temps in the low 20’s.

Getting some produce (fruit, salad, herbs), though stuff not doing as well as hoped. Garlic was planted last October, harvested last week

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:48 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:29 amWBS is on, does anyone have actual Summer outside their door? Any photos? :D
Has been mixed here - pic was a couple of weeks ago.

Haven’t been around too much as we’ve done a sort of European tour - last stop, for now, was Copenhagen. Our first visit and very impressed.

We’ve been lucky as everywhere we’ve been has had belting weather - 25-27o and sunny in Copenhagen.

Been cold this week, we almost lit the WBS on Thursday night but resisted.

Not too bad today - Rib Eye on the BBQ this afternoon. Forecast for next week is looking good - sunshine and temps in the low 20’s.

Getting some produce (fruit, salad, herbs), though stuff not doing as well as hoped. Garlic was planted last October, harvested last week

Denmark is a great country, enjoyed my time there with work. Great to see the photos, looks great! WBS is on and cooking carrot&sweet potato soup as well as an arabiata to be going on with. Enjoy the sun pal!

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs