Melitta thermal jug coffee maker

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Mr Gus

Re: Melitta thermal jug coffee maker

Post by Mr Gus »

Daughter left for a school bus at 6.15 am this morning, i'd set the timer to 5.40 am (ready for)
Hot brew that can clearly hop surge price timing (if only there were a way of warming the milk & holding the temp as that was 2 minutes in the microwave ..ah well)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

The standby wattage for the tiny clock / timer is 1watt hour ..annoying that my big lidl atomic clock with temp & .humidity readings will run for several years on a singular AA battery, ditto the Tesco clock before it.

Thus roughly 8.7 kWh energy just for the clock & timer per annum. ..annoying, yeah just a bit, kinda defeats the object of switching the oven & microwave off at the wall after every use.
(Not in the manual either)

Have dug out a wall plug energy meter, so after wife programs it (tiny writing & one eyed vision rules me out right now, ..as does darts)
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

ok, so just took a temp reading (surface, laser dot) from a pot of coffee, half drunk brewed Friday morning at 6 am, (wife was having a day off, no take to work coffee, daughter had a quick mock exam & home, so also didn't have coffee, they didn't tell me not to brew)

Coffee container was 1/2 empty, & showing surface temp of 33c after 32.30 hours with no heat other than brew heat.
Clearly a capable storage flask with this model.

Happy with that, on the other hand I'm still drinking black coffee left overs in my flask from at least the day before that, reheated in the microwave (waste not) & its still good as its profile hasn't significantly changed not being on a hotplate.

More than acceptable performance imho.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS