Off adventuring!

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Joeboy

Re: Off adventuring!

Post by Joeboy »

To put into context, my 10kW PV system has gathered 2.5kWh today.

My newest PV addition collected 2,300mAh @ 5V (ahem... 14Wh).

Nonetheless 9% SOC charge to the power bank! ;)

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Countrypaul wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:58 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:09 pm This is a little surprising to me. To heat HWT with gas to around 60 degs (well thats what came out the tap this morning into a ceramic mug) costs £1.20 per day fuel cost. The tank element was pulling 2.9kW on test this morning and i normally run it for four hours per day when no using gas. 2.9x4x0.12= £1.39. That falls well within my personal 30% variance between the fuel costs so Hive gas is to the off position and switchbot solariboost is back to the on position with new Go timings.

I think the lesson there is 'don't assume', luckily it has only run once on gas since New Year so its minimal tarnishing of my soul. ;) :roll:

I am very pleased with this outcome and will be eyeballing the GCH side of things in the next couple of days. Will take a water at tap reading tomorrow morning and see if we are getting any extra efficiency bang for our extra in tank 19p per day. :D
When you say you have the tank element running for 4 hours per day, does that mean heting for 4 hours, or culd the thermostat be trpping it off and on again for long periods during that time? Working backwards 11.2 kWh should raise the temperature of 200L of water from 10C to 60C.
Thanks for that Paul, the thermostat is set to 80 degrees for the coil and to get it up there i'd have to run the immersion coil for another 2 hour stint so in the four hour normal run i don't think its cutting out. Pretty sure of that as every few days I run it an extra 2 hours through the day to ward off the wrath of SWMBO. Roll on solar days!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:05 pm Pretty sure of that as every few days I run it an extra 2 hours through the day to ward off the wrath of SWMBO. Roll on solar days!
When I ran the gas combi there was always hot water but now the combi is switched off we are on a 300L hot water tank. As you infer, in summer the solar diverter keeps the tank hot throughout the day so there is little risk of running out. in winter I heat the tank every night, up to near 50 degrees on the heatpump, followed by the immersion up to 60 degrees, all during cheapslot hours.

Normally that's enough but if SWMBO is doing her hair, that sometimes requires extra. I keep telling her, just let me know so I can do a boost in the day so you wont run out, its not a problem.

But she does not tell me until the waters going cold, followed by her shouting back "why don't you just put the gas back on ?". :evil:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The green lentils & bacon soup is on. About a gallon I think. Also four onions and some carrots in there too. 10 minutes to sweat the onions and bacon on induction hob then all the rest on the WBS.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Good bit of marketing with that 1kg bag packaging design, the pic of the storage container links as to storage (big pack) & use, pushing you towards a bulk purchase, ..love its style in a world of creative advertising gone to hell in a hand cart (oh campaign magazine I miss you)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Used a cupful of the Turkish green lentils and a pound of our own Victoria plums (frozen) in a Lamb dhansak with browned garlic. Cooked on the WBS. Also did the rice soak for 6 hours, boiled, then finished in a non stick frying pan with a little oil, garlic and onion (pre cooked in the pan to our taste).

Absolutely bloody sublime if I do say so myself :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:49 pm Used a cupful of the Turkish green lentils and a pound of our own Victoria plums (frozen) in a Lamb dhansak with browned garlic. Cooked on the WBS. Also did the rice soak for 6 hours, boiled, then finished in a non stick frying pan with a little oil, garlic and onion (pre cooked in the pan to our taste).

Any left Joe ?

;)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:08 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:49 pm Used a cupful of the Turkish green lentils and a pound of our own Victoria plums (frozen) in a Lamb dhansak with browned garlic. Cooked on the WBS. Also did the rice soak for 6 hours, boiled, then finished in a non stick frying pan with a little oil, garlic and onion (pre cooked in the pan to our taste).

Any left Joe ?

;)
Yep, enough for 3, ye coming up? ;)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Love to, but I’m about 1200 miles further South than normal ;)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:33 pm Love to, but I’m about 1200 miles further South than normal ;)
Ooh, funcy! Good weather?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs