Where am I ?

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Moxi

Re: Where am I ?

Post by Moxi »

:lol: silly Nowty

you said "Another queue but did not wait long. Charge N10 in Brno. It’s really weird not using a map and just letting the car go where it wants. Absolutely beautiful shopping centre here but don’t really know where I am."

The second photo says you are at M&S in London in really BIG! letters :whako: couldn't be clearer as to where you are :hysteria:

On a more sensible note I seemed to see new charger installations everywhere I stopped on my travels over the last few days too.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

M&S London is simply the brand here. The charge No 10 ended in complete nightmare. The charge was fine but we got stuck for 2 hours trying to get back on the motorway, total gridlock.

Absolutely pissing down all the way, we drove from Prague to near Auschwitz in Poland. We don’t have a pre visit registration so we are going to have to turn up at 7.30am to grab the few daily ones issued. :facepalm:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

First time seeing this configuration of Superchargers - anyone care to guess where this was?!
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:43 pm M&S London is simply the brand here. The charge No 10 ended in complete nightmare. The charge was fine but we got stuck for 2 hours trying to get back on the motorway, total gridlock.

Absolutely pissing down all the way, we drove from Prague to near Auschwitz in Poland. We don’t have a pre visit registration so we are going to have to turn up at 7.30am to grab the few daily ones issued. :facepalm:
Watch out for post visit emotional quakes. When I visited Dachau it was a full week before I was close to equilibrium again and months before it was out of my mind. On the upside, nothing ever looks bad again by comparison.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

We managed to get on an early Auschwitz tour after getting up at 6am and got completely soaked even with an umbrella. We did Dachau earlier in the week which was bad enough, but the scale of Auschwitz just needs to be personally witnessed. I did not learn anything new but no amount of watching documentaries gets you ready for it.

Tomorrow we are meeting up with one of SWMBO ex work colleagues who lives not too far away whilst we are enroute to our next destination.

Everywhere around here is flooding and was worried abut making it to another Tesla Charger with batttery sub 20%. :?
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c2l1l8ng2edo

But as luck would have it I have just noticed our hotel has an EV charger. :)
App’s in Polish :facepalm: , but my phone did an English translation and I managed to get it to work. AC 3 phase so I’m limited to 11kW but it will still be full before evening. :xx:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

On my way home from Germany now and have to say some Superchargers starting to look pretty shabby

Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
nowty

Post by nowty »

Charge No 12 in a deserted underground car park near Krakow which was very hard to find. Huge shopping centre but it’s closed on most Sundays in Poland. There are 3 parking levels but a very concealed separate entrance for the underground one.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Met up with SWMBO ex work colleague, really loverly people who returned to Poland as the economics are no longer the same. Beautiful area and nice house and land.

Stonking huge south facing barn roof too. :mrgreen:

Charge No 13 was required at Trzebownisko supercharger because I was booting on the 140km/h speed limit motorway. This was difficult as a very long wait even though I only needed a little to get to my next charger. In hindsight, I should have driven slower to get there faster.

Charge No 14 is currently underway at Lublin supercharger. It’s going to be a long one as I want full battery and we will be heading east from here to today’s destination. :?
Last edited by nowty on Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Arrived at a mystery tourist lake location in East Poland.

It seems we are just out of season and the only place open for food is here.

The last 30 Km was on extremely bad roads. SWMBO was freaked out as we drove through a remote forest in darkness even though it was her idea to visit around here.

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

That sounds like a description of the country around the Elblag canal. We stayed in Elblag itself for a few days and did the canal trip which goes through Lake Druzno. Good for birdwatching, but I wouldn't have called it "touristy!"

Elblag is a nice small university city and full of life and restaurants, so it doesn't fit your bill at all...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!