Off adventuring!

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Mr Gus

Re: Off adventuring!

Post by Mr Gus »

I favour these..
small storage, fit straight into usb powerbank & easy to balance.

cheap & good 👍

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500423 ... 6839%21rec

If folk have a plethora pf powerbanks (like we do) we stick these in the same collective drawer & elastic band them to the PB when we travel as extra "to hand" light in case of power loss, ..as well as mandatory petzls.

Phones are not emergency lights, we'd prefer keep them for calls & location purposes, ..very unfashionable but there you go! ;-)

I've shaved with my DE razor using just one of these, successfully I hasten to add. (& other test conditions)
For stairwells etc I just use a small strip Pir, 4x AAA magnetic strip with 3M scotch tape combined mounting (as per spec) ..its had a few years of continuous use & is a rare success where ali express are concerned, but you have to know the product because sellers know naff all when you want to verify something on a generic they sell blindly!

I also have one with a magnetic wall screw point that allows the light bar 90 degree rotation, as well as the pir having separate rotation to fine tune the activation zone.

I think these are worth thinking about so you don't necessarily have to have a torch / headtorch to hand in some areas.

I have a mains router battery adaptor (runs off a powerbank) to take over the job if house power goes down when im about, effectively matchbox size, so we can continue using our tablets etc, all depends what mobile data you have set up / want to run cameras etc over a longer outage type thing.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:49 am I favour these..
small storage, fit straight into usb powerbank & easy to balance.

cheap & good 👍

If folk have a plethora pf powerbanks (like we do) we stick these in the same collective drawer & elastic band them to the PB when we travel as extra "to hand" light in case of power loss, ..as well as mandatory petzls.

Phones are not emergency lights, we'd prefer keep them for calls & location purposes, ..very unfashionable but there you go! ;-)

I've shaved with my DE razor using just one of these, successfully I hasten to add. (& other test conditions)
For stairwells etc I just use a small strip Pir, 4x AAA magnetic strip with 3M scotch tape combined mounting (as per spec) ..its had a few years of continuous use & is a rare success where ali express are concerned, but you have to know the product because sellers know naff all when you want to verify something on a generic they sell blindly!

I also have one with a magnetic wall screw point that allows the light bar 90 degree rotation, as well as the pir having separate rotation to fine tune the activation zone.

I think these are worth thinking about so you don't necessarily have to have a torch / headtorch to hand in some areas.

I have a mains router battery adaptor (runs off a powerbank) to take over the job if house power goes down when im about, effectively matchbox size, so we can continue using our tablets etc, all depends what mobile data you have set up / want to run cameras etc over a longer outage type thing.
They look excellent Gus!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Went over to Marmaris, sadly no spot welders for Gus. On the other hand though I did get...

Two clip on led bendy lights with onboard storage capacity to around 12hrs use each. They even have three settings of light. :D

A 5A capable usb to usb C 1 mtr cable with colour changing leds built in. (I really like that).

A small wireless qwerty keyboard and mouse with usb dongle and batteries for t'internet on the LG panel.

Last but not least a 60,000 mAh usb power brick with 4 usb ports multiple cables and a led charge read out.

The whole shebang cost 1,380TL (£61). So that's 95,000 mAh of storage capacity in usb format at the Turkish house. That should keep us lit up and online for quite some time when the power goes off. :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

We use one of the usb/led lights that SWMBO bought off eBay, I think.

I’m surprised how good they actually are - seem so light (no pun intended), but they are very effective, even on the first setting.

Think this has reminded me to get at least another one and a power bank for home.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:35 pm We use one of the usb/led lights that SWMBO bought off eBay, I think.

I’m surprised how good they actually are - seem so light (no pun intended), but they are very effective, even on the first setting.

Think this has reminded me to get at least another one and a power bank for home.
No worries BTB, glad to help. I was surprised when I opened one of the boxes back up at home and the light was still on! It was only then that I twigged it had onboard storage capacity. The powerbank was £24 only(550tl). I am probably gonna buy another for back home. I am waiting for darkness for the full test.... :)

Imagine how long one of Gus's cool led usb strips would run in a fully charged 60,000 mAh pack. A month maybe? Or two? 8-)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Cheers Gus, as soon as I clapped eyes on them I HAD to see how effective it would be with 4 sticking out the top of the new powerbank. A bit like a birthday cake for Kryten.

I literally couldn't stop myself from ordering them! :lol: :shock:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Last but not least I need a 5V DC handcrank dynamo/generator to manually charge a powerbank. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNfX3j0
:twisted:

How offgrid is that?
I love picture 1 with the handle on backwards. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

My mind returns to a suitcase solar pv array for out here. Could be 8-)

This powerbank has been plugged in for 2.5hrs and its only gained 7%, a different scale entirely!

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A light test, turns out one unit has a proximity sensor so passing the hand over the switch area is enough to trigger the light. How can they fit all this into £6.66?

Also quite impressed with the colour changing of the usb C connector.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs