Off adventuring!

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Fintray

Re: Off adventuring!

Post by Fintray »

Jimmy Cliff?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:06 pmJimmy Cliff?
Will find out tomorrow.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

He is at a first pass up to 80% on the eyechart. That's from a pre op state of 30%. He'll be tested again tomorrow then we'll head back home before 2nd op on Friday.

Absolute miracle. :D :D :D :D :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:14 pm
He is at a first pass up to 80% on the eyechart. That's from a pre op state of 30%. He'll be tested again tomorrow then we'll head back home before 2nd op on Friday.

I imagine he's pretty pleased with that result! :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:20 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:14 pm

Let's put it this way,
Been up for a post op check, surgeon took eye cover off, had a prod about and then said 'just sit out there in the waiting room for a few minutes then ill see you again'. We're sitting there together and Martin just said casual. 'It's ten past 5 dad'. He could read the time on my watch sitting next to him!

We then moved onto the floor level reading on the lift 15 feet away. Yep, '2'. Then in for the chart test. I'm not embarrassed to say the tears were mine. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

https://interestingengineering.com/scie ... v2-jtzir4p

Purely a co incidence. I took a couple photos of a build that has been ongoing on my walk into town for about a year and one just started in the 5 weeks I'd been away, plenty rebar on show.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:52 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:14 pm He is at a first pass up to 80% on the eyechart. That's from a pre op state of 30%. He'll be tested again tomorrow then we'll head back home before 2nd op on Friday. Absolute miracle. :D :D :D :D :D
Let's put it this way,
Been up for a post op check, surgeon took eye cover off, had a prod about and then said 'just sit out there in the waiting room for a few minutes then ill see you again'. We're sitting there together and Martin just said casual. 'It's ten past 5 dad'. He could read the time on my watch sitting next to him!
We then moved onto the floor level reading on the lift 15 feet away. Yep, '2'. Then in for the chart test. I'm not embarrassed to say the tears were mine. :)
All good to hear... Best wishes for the next steps.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:14 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:52 pm
Let's put it this way,
All good to hear... Best wishes for the next steps.
A
For anyone with poor sight. Mart was the worst of the four of us by a fair skite. He'd been knocked back in the UK for eye surgery. Speaking to the Turkish surgeon last week and he tells me that even 2 years ago we would not have been having the conversation.

Mart had retinal laser surgery 6 weeks back to strengthen his large, thinwalled eyes and then had to settle for mono lenses rather than dual or tri due to his extreme prescription. The usual caveats and doomcrying maybes were delivered to us We just looked at each other and grinned. Fuck it, be there or be elsewhere!

Mart said yeah and 5 days of horrendous waiting ensued while the J&J lenses made their way to the clinic. Got the call at 09.57 yesterday and by 10.05 he was awake, teeth brushed and 1/2 a cup of my current cuppa down his neck, burning rubber out the village and into the mountains. A new personal record to get from Turunc to Aiyden (2 hours).

Walked in the door of the clinic and it was literally Martin Joseph? Beautiful wee lassie came to us at reception, pilled him and off up we went to check into hospital overnight suite. Bang, bang shebang job done in 50 minutes.

Fast forward to this morning and yesterday's start of natural 30% vision became 80%, became 100% overnight. Even the surgeon said wow when he went beyond 80%. They just don't expect that overnight, maybe a week.

Anyway, I've been doing that clamp face, don't cry thing at least 6 times (just did it now). The point of this story is to share the joy but also to hopefully be read by a uk knockback case for eye surgery.

Fuck them, we'll decide and vote with our plane tickets. Anyone wants more detail, just ask. -15.00 to 00.00 overnight. :)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Another good 20 point charging day here. 👌

Daughter received her accreditation as a paralegal with Scottish Law society today. :D Got the funds into the young adults accounts for the EH3 property. Prescription through for No1 sons second lens surgery on Friday and also funeral date arranged for ex Brother in law.

Fortunately I'll be back to stand with my para nephew and inshallah help him going forward as a male figure. That boy has done so much to pull himself up by his own bootstraps.

Days man, ain't enough of them! 8-)

Back home? What a difference February makes. soc of 81% and climbing. It's beginning to feel real again.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Off up Aiyden tomorrow for eye No2 on No1 son. Thought I'd leave the solar panel in position and see if it gathers owt tween now and Saturday.

Should see a few hours each day. Start count of 125.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs