Where am I ?

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Moxi

Re: Where am I ?

Post by Moxi »

Absolutely love our new range induction cooker, its so much easier than the old LPG range we had, easier to clean quick and efficient more control - best investment since we bought the heat pump tumble dryer and that was an order of magnitude better than the previous TD !

Wife made some cakes (4 off) in the oven yesterday ready for Friday McMillan's cake morning and was so delighted with the oven control that she pointedly asked me why I had taken so long to convincing her that Induction and electric fan ovens could be better than gas. :fight: :facepalm:

I didnt lose the tactical advantage though as I fired back that now she could see I wasn't talking rubbish maybe we should accelerate the ASHP system .............. I got one of those sideways looks and a quiet period for my troubles but I am confident that by mid December with the LPG boiler emulating ASHP flow temps that she will succumb. :xx:

Overcast and third day of heavy rain here, batteries only pulling a meagre 250W, but all is well.

Moxi
SimonSays

Post by SimonSays »

nowty wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:56 am I generally don’t like induction cooking but this one is the best I have used so far.
The family and I stayed in a holiday let a few weeks ago. It has an induction hob, and we have a halogen hob here at home. I was shocked at how much better the induction hob was. Can't remember the brand though, but we definitely need one.
3.2kWp south facing solar array, MCS
Growatt SPH 3600 TL BL-UP 3.6kW hybrid inverter
Growatt SPH 5000 TL BL-UP 5kW hybrid inverter (in storage)
16.5kWh storage
2020 VW e-Golf, 35.8kWh
2022 Jaguar I-PACE, 90kWh
MyEnergi Zappi & Eddi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

We used to use a double portable induction plate put on top of the LPG range (as have some other forum members) when the electric was generated free in summer - so that got the wife used to induction cooking but the move to a full hob is infinitely better - although as with anything O also appreciate it wont be to everyone's taste. Our double induction is now at my eldest sons place for him and we have a single that I wombled off freecycle that is shortly going to a good friends house for her to try.

We still have the WBS for fall back when the power goes off :D the electric on the mountain is pretty reliable but we still get 4 to 12 blips in a year, mostly of the half hour to 2 hour variety and only once for 3 or 4 days - that was when the WBS won its spurs!

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Nowty Towers still doing its thing in my absence.

And now have exported more than imported during 2024, over £1.5k credit so far.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

5kW export in my absence. :ugeek: