Off adventuring!

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Mr Gus

Re: Off adventuring!

Post by Mr Gus »

It is nice to see the "tip rat" recycling tradition & courtesy lives on, sounds like the french recycling collection areas in chamonix, I have rescued a snowboard before which has been thrown out but still useful for a non choosey beginner.

(are they lift out by crane recycling & waste points collected by lorry Joe)?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:26 am It is nice to see the "tip rat" recycling tradition & courtesy lives on, sounds like the french recycling collection areas in chamonix, I have rescued a snowboard before which has been thrown out but still useful for a non choosey beginner.

(are they lift out by crane recycling & waste points collected by lorry Joe)?
There are still private wagons that go around collecting wood and metal scrap, I love that. Takes me back to childhood, rag & boneman type thoughts. Not too much gets by the chickens & goats. I'm not sure where the scaffy carts go to dump/recycle etc. Never seen an actual tip here, must be though. I do know that my council tax for streetlights, rubbish collection etc is £30 pa.... between swmbo and myself. :lol:

Also plenty local produce stands too.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Our council tax at £200 per month on the other hand!? ..i've been trying to get the council to self regulate themselves according to their website for a complaints process (acknowledge in 5 days, report & resolve in 20 working days) ...outstanding since Dec 2022 & each call & promise is about as effective as bathing under a shower head hooked up to sewerage lines.

Our service maybe warrants £30 per annum not £2000+ as it stands.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 am Glass, and clothes are the main one's i see although there is a nice wee tradition where if you have something you are finished with but it has some life left in it then it gets left adjacent to the bins. It is very rarely there for long.
Same happens in Spain, well, Lanzarote at least. Saw someone leave a coffee table. Not long after a passer by collected it.

Quite impressive as he was on a push bike with a toddler in a seat on the back.

He did ride with it too :shock:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:57 am
Joeboy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 am Glass, and clothes are the main one's i see although there is a nice wee tradition where if you have something you are finished with but it has some life left in it then it gets left adjacent to the bins. It is very rarely there for long.
Same happens in Spain, well, Lanzarote at least. Saw someone leave a coffee table. Not long after a passer by collected it.

Quite impressive as he was on a push bike with a toddler in a seat on the back.

He did ride with it too :shock:
I am a big fan of it. We are having book clear out later in the week and they'll all go to a local coffee bar/bar.

At the moment the weather is literally perfect. No heating or aircon required. I am up on back deck the noo getting a bronzie.

We have also made it known to our emlak that we'd like to pursue residency when it becomes available again. Its all on hold at the moment due to the deluge of Russians who fleed the war. No plans to come over full time but residency removes the 90 day rule for us.

Tomorrow should be my first swim of the year (sea not pool). :D

It's all very kicked back this trip, couple of sundowners, cooking in the evening, a bit of telly or a book. Rinse and repeat! SWMBO is defo seeing the benefits of deep relaxation after the horror of the Christmas season two for one suicide trip. :(

Onwards and upwards!
Last edited by Joeboy on Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:48 am Our council tax at £200 per month on the other hand!? ..i've been trying to get the council to self regulate themselves according to their website for a complaints process (acknowledge in 5 days, report & resolve in 20 working days) ...outstanding since Dec 2022 & each call & promise is about as effective as bathing under a shower head hooked up to sewerage lines.

Our service maybe warrants £30 per annum not £2000+ as it stands.
I'm on the same page. I remember thinking £100 a month 10 months a year was expensive for council tax, ours is now over £200 a month too. For what? The roads have more potholes than I can ever remember and when they are repaired it is to a standard that they reappear a few weeks later. There is talk of collections being reduced to one every 3 weeks.

The problem is political homelessness. Who should one vote for if you want a small state and low taxes?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A great day, more & more the 5v solution works for us!

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Found that Gus advice on usb meter has paid dividends. A combination of one single charging cable and one battery pack produced 0.32A.

Any other combo of panel/cable/battery pack was putting out 1.2A minimumn. Quickly identified and all components now working in hook ups that they like.

Thanks Gus!

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:26 pm Found that Gus advice on usb meter has paid dividends. A combination of one single charging cable and one battery pack produced 0.32A.

Any other combo of panel/cable/battery pack was putting out 1.2A minimumn. Quickly identified and all components now working in hook ups that they like.

Thanks Gus!

I don't remember that & i've been through 7+ pages of chat Joe, ..but i'll take it :oops: :lol:
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:55 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:26 pm Found that Gus advice on usb meter has paid dividends. A combination of one single charging cable and one battery pack produced 0.32A.

I don't remember that & i've been through 7+ pages of chat Joe, ..but i'll take it :oops: :lol:

Thanks Gus!
I had no awareness of these usb power meters, you da Man! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs